The Mayor's Youth Commission provides a youth leadership opportunity to Denver's youth, advises the director of the Office of Children's Affairs on special problems pertaining to youth (ages 12 to 18) living in the City and County of Denver recommends necessary procedures, programs, legistation or administrative action to promote and ensure equal rights and opportunity for the youth of the city and identifies yearly goals and develops action plans around the goals that positively impact Denver youth.
Click here to see the details of the Commission's accomplishments for last year including:
- Action Plan
- Teen Team Summit
- Mental Health First Aid Training
- Collaboration with the Denver Public Schools Student Board of Education
- Service Projects
- #Helphelp - Express Yourself Event
- Safe City Youth Summit -#Helphelps - Suicide: What you can do about it
- Meeting wtih the Berlin Youth Commission
- Presenting at Denver Juvenile and Family Justice TASC Project Family Night
- Resource Guides
- 2014-2015 Preliminary Plans
The application period for 2015-2016 Mayor's Youth Commission will begin in December 2014.
Resources Guides are now available online! You can view or download them by clicking on the links below:
Click here to download a copy of the Suicide Resource and Information booklet.
Click here to download a copy of Mental Health Resources for youth. (Updated version effective 5/28/14)