The Office of Children's Affairs, formerly known as the Mayor's Office for Education and Children, was established in 1995 to advocate for children and youth in the City and County of Denver from birth to young adulthood. The Office of Children's Affairs is dedicated to ensuring Denver’s children and youth have their basic needs met, are ready for kindergarten, and prepared for academic and professional success. We do not provide direct services, rather we work with other city agencies and community partners to increase access, increase participation, and improve the quality of programs and services for all of Denver’s children and youth.
Vision: Deliver a city where children, youth, and their families have an opportunity to succeed.
Our Mission Values
- We put children first and we support the whole child
- We are inclusive and represent all children and their families in Denver
- We listen and learn from the communities we serve
- We don't make assumptions about who we serve
- While all children have similar needs, we help fill gaps so each child has what he really needs
Our Operational Values
- Mutual Respect
- Authentic Communication
- Openness and Transparency
- Accountability and Honesty