WHEN: Wednesday, April 22, 2015 from 10:00am - 2:00pm
WHERE: Civic Center Park, E. Broadway Ave. & Colfax
Inclement Weather Backup Location: Wellington Webb Municipal Building Atrium: 201 W. Colfax Ave
HOW TO GET THERE: Walk, bike, bus or carpool! RTD has numerous routes that will drop you at Civic Center Park. If you're biking we will have a bike parking lot, thanks to BikeDenver!
WHO: Denver’s Earth Day Fair is FREE and open to the general public. We especially encourage residents, employees, teachers, and students in or near downtown Denver to stop by the event and see how they can learn new ways to live sustainably!
THEME: 2015's Earth Day Denver will focus on interactive displays and demonstrations for the public tied to: Energy, Water, Waste, Transportation and Food! Check back for more details, or like us on facebook for updates.
DISPLAYS & DEMOS
- Electric vehicle test drive area (BMW, Tesla and more)
- Test out a Denver Bcycle bike & an all electric bike!
- Portable solar panels on display (also providing power for the event)
- How to start your own garden
- How to compost
- How to can fruits and vegetables from your garden
- Making seed bombs and seed tape to start your garden at home
- Test your knowledge of what's recyclable and compostable
- Make your own cleaning products, sample for attendees
- Catch the running toilet and learn about ways to save water at home
- Reuse displays from PalletFest! Attendees will have the chance to win benches, wine racks and more.
- Local & sustainable food trucks
- Music from KBCO
- Interactive hand art project for all attendees (in the Greek Theater)
- And more!
For general Earth Day Denver event questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Exhibitors & Food Truck Vendors
Green Event Certification: In addition to minimizing waste at Earth Day Denver, we are working with the City’s Certifiably Green Denver program to ensure the event meets criteria to be a sustainable and certified green event. Exhibitors and Food Truck Vendors are seen as key partners in helping us achieve this certification – thank you for joining us in this effort! Exhibitors and Food Vendors must be in agreement with certification criteria that applies to their exhibitor display, demonstration or food truck. See guidelines here.
Want to exhibit? Details here (Application deadline March 6, 2015)
Inclement Weather Backup Location: Wellington Webb Municipal Building Atrium: 201 W. Colfax Ave. Vendors will be notified in advance and modifications to format will be communicated.