Deaths which do not fall within our jurisdiction do not need to be reported. If a death is reportable, please notify our office promptly. An investigator can be reached 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 303-436-7712. Please leave a message if no one answers. Your call will be forward to an investigator who will return your call as soon as possible.
Please have the following information when reporting hospital cases:
- Demographic information such as name, date of birth, ethnicity, gender, marital status, social security number and address of decedent
- Next of kin information including name, address, phone number and time/date of notification of death.
- Place of death
- Admission information including date/time of admission and from where transferred (e.g. private residence, other medical facility, etc.).
- Past medical history
- Pronouncement information including date, time and physician’s name
For nursing home and hospice reportable cases
, in addition to the above information, please have the following:
- Primary care physician name and phone number
- Date of last visit with the primary care physician