2011/2012 Goals-GLBT Commission
Work and committees for 2011/2012 will revolve around the following goals, with a sub-committee* working on each area:
- Impact the state's marriage equality debate in ways that lead to improved outcomes for the GLBT Community. (Marriage Equality Committee)
- Improve the health, wellness and safety of GLBT youth within the Denver Public School system. (DPS/Youth Committee)
- Improve outcomes for GLBT community members who have contact with law enforcement through sensitivity and understanding on the part of law enforcement officials. (Law Enforcement Committee)
- Ensuring ongoing dialogue with, and representation of, the GLBT community and their issues through deliberate outreach efforts. (Outreach Committee)
- Proactively monitor and influence the direction of state and city bills that have implications for the GLBT community. (Full Commission)
- Monitor and manage the efforts of the GLBT commission to ensure effective performance and the achievement of outcomes. (Administrative Committee)
*Each Committee then has a list of specific outcomes that they are working on completing in 2011/2012.
Contact: Sam Cole, GLBT Commission Chair, firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.