The 5281 Award recognizes individuals and teams that exemplified the STARS (Service, Teamwork, Accountability, Respect and Safety) values, supported sustainability practices, and help to deliver a world class city by achieving one or more of the City's Five Goals:
- To spur new economic opportunities.
- To increase opportunities for Denver’s Kids.
- To foster a strong relationship between our residents and Denver’s safety departments and strengthen the safety net to protect our most vulnerable residents.
- To transform city government to provide the highest quality services at the lowest possible costs.
- To re-energize the city’s commitment to environmental, economic and social sustainability to make Denver the most livable city in America.
A list of the winners and descriptions can be found below.