Getting Started with Child Support

Denver Child Support will help you get started with applying for and receiving services such as locating the non-custodial parent, establishing paternity, and establishing a child support or medical support order.

Applying for Denver Child Support Services
If you are not currently receiving TANF (financial assistance from the state), please use this Child Support Application Form or call Denver Child Support Customer Service at (720) 944-2960 and ask for a NON-TANF Application packet.

Once you have filled out the application, you can call customer service at (720) 944-2960 to request an appointment for an interview. You will bring the application with you when you come to our offices for the interview.

If you come to our offices at 1200 Federal Blvd. in Denver, you will be able to pick up an application and set an appointment for an interview at that time, but you will not be able to drop off your application -- we accept applications only during the interview.

If you are currently receiving TANF and you are a resident of Denver county, you are automatically referred to Denver Child Support. You can contact Denver Child Support Customer Service at (720) 944-2960 to get information about your case.

To help us process your application, you may be asked to provide the following information about the other parent if you know it:

  • Full name
  • Social Security Number
  • Current address and/or recent employer
  • Birth date and location
  • Names of people who know her/him
  • Names and locations of other children
  • Financial information, including bank and retirement accounts, tax returns
  • Picture of her/him
  • Birth Certificate of your child


After you apply for services and we have all the necessary information for your case, a Child Support technician will provide locate, establishment, and/or enforcement services. 

Establishing a Child Support Order

If there is no previous child support order, a Child Support technician will work to create a child support order through an administrative and negotiating process. If an agreement cannot be reached with the non-custodial parent, the technician will refer the case for a court hearing. The technician will provide information about the hearing at that time if necessary.


Useful Phone Numbers

Child Abuse Hotline
Statewide: 1-844-CO-4-Kids (264-5437)
or in Denver: 720-944-3000
Adult Protection Hotline
DHS Customer Service

Colorado Relay/TDD

Child Support Services

Foster Care

GIVE Denver
720-944-GIVE (4483)

Denver City & County Information