Child Support Payments

Payment amounts are determined by reviewing both parents’ income and following the Colorado Child Support Guidelines. Credit may be given for other child support payments being made, day care expenses, medical insurance premiums for the child(ren), or other factors.

The parent who is ordered to pay child support will send payments to the Family Support Registry (FSR), Colorado’s centralized child support collection unit. The FSR processes payments and distributes funds to the custodial parent.

To receive credit for making a child support payment, the non-custodial parent must make the payment directly to the FSR unless authorized by the court to pay the custodial parent directly.

You may make your payment by check, money order, Western Union, direct withdrawal from a bank account, or wage witholding.

To check if a child support payment has been made or received, please call 303-299-9123 (or toll-free 800-374-6558).


Making child support payments

Send check, money order, and Western Union payments to:

Family Support Registry
PO Box 2171
Denver, CO 80201-2171

Always include your FSR number with or on your payment.

  • To arrange to make payments by direct withdrawal from a bank account, please use this Automatic Withdrawal Authorization Form.
  • To arrange to make payments by wage withholding, please contact FSR at 303-291-9123 or 800-374-6558 to request that service. 

Receiving child support payments

You may choose to receive payments from FSR as direct deposits to a bank account or through an FSR Visa card.


Useful Phone Numbers

Child Abuse Hotline
Statewide: 1-844-CO-4-Kids (264-5437)
or in Denver: 720-944-3000
Adult Protection Hotline
DHS Customer Service

Colorado Relay/TDD

Child Support Services

Foster Care

GIVE Denver
720-944-GIVE (4483)

Denver City & County Information