Denver Human Services Health Coverage Guides provide free, one-on-one assistance to help people find and apply for medical assistance including Medicaid, Medicare, CHP+ and Connect for Health Colorado insurance plans.
Why should I talk to a Health Coverage Guide?
- Meet face-to-face with people to explain plans options for health insurance
- Identify whether or not you qualify for federal financial help that can lower premiums, co-pays and deductibles
- Explain the price difference and coverage levels for each plan
- Determine if you are one of the nearly 500,000 Coloradans who are eligible for a tax credit to lower the cost of health insurance.
Who benefits from speaking with a Guide?
Where can you find assistance?
- Colorado residents who currently purchase their own insurance
- Colorado residents who are self employed
- Those who do not have affordable coverage through their employer
- Colorado residents with legal immigration status
- Dependents of employees who are offered employee only coverage by their employer.
How do I meet with a Health Coverage Guide?
- Representatives are available at no cost, Monday-Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. at any DHS office.
People are welcome to drop in for assistance or schedule an appointment.