The band Phat Daddy will entertain hundreds of guests, along with Mayor Michael B. Hancock, Councilman Albus Brooks, and Denver Human Services Manger Penny May at the Occasions by Sandy Masquerade Ball on Saturday, October. 15. Guests will don masquerade attire to celebrate the grand opening of the new Better Denver Bond built Human Services building, while raising money for GIVE Denver, a human services organization that helps foster, homeless and underserved families.
“This is a historic event for Denver Human Services. This building enables us to better serve and protect at-risk and vulnerable families in their own community, while at the same time benefiting those who hide behind an invisible mask everyday; our foster, homeless and disadvantaged youth, individuals and families,” Penny May says.
What: Occasions by Sandy Masquerade Ball
When: Saturday, Oct. 15, 2011 from 6 – 11 p.m.
Mayor Hancock to speak at 8 p.m.
Where: New Denver Human Services office, 3815 Steele St.
Why: The Occasions by Sandy Masquerade Ball is a celebratory event for the new human services building, a Better Denver Bond funded project that voters approved in 2007, and fundraiser for GIVE Denver. A portion of proceeds will benefit GIVE Denver, a human services organization that helps foster, homeless and underserved families, children and individuals through volunteers and donations.
Tickets are still available for purchase and may be purchased at the door or by calling 720-944-GIVE(4483).
- Remarks from Mayor Hancock, Councilman Brooks, and DHS Manager Penny May and guest appearance by Mrs. Colorado Janell Ames
- Artists whose artwork are displayed at the new Human Services office will showcase their art pieces (Ray King, Jess Dubois, Carol Waugh, Guerilla Garden Studios, Vincent Juarez, Steve Altman, and Carlos Fresquez)
- Phat Daddy band performing live
- Mask auction: masks painted by Denver foster and at-risk youth will be on display
- Guests and elected officials donning masquerade attire
This event is made possible thanks to the generous support of sponsors, including:
- Occasions by Sandy
- Kiewit Building Group
- Suncor Energy
- Phat Daddy
- Cooney Associates
- The Piton Foundation
- Nestle Purina
- City and County of Denver, Human Services
- KOSI 101
- Sara Karam Photography Studios
- Denver Community Credit Union
For more information, please visit www.denvergov.org/give.