DENVER, CO — Tuesday, February 1, 2011 — City of Denver offices and agencies will resume normally scheduled operating hours Wednesday, February 2.
Most asked about offices and services on regular schedules tomorrow include:
- Permit and cashier counters in both the Webb building and the Wastewater building
- Parking Magistrate in the Webb building
- Denver Motor Vehicle
- Denver District and County Courts
- The Denver Workforce Centers
- Denver Theatres & Arenas offices (all performances will occur as scheduled)
- Trash and recycling service will remain on schedule
- Denver Recreation Centers
- Operations are normal at DIA; there are some cancellations due to the storm hitting all points east of Denver.
Please remember that all Denver Public Library locations will be closed to the public through Wednesday, February 2, while the Library completes the implementation of a new integrated library system (ILS). DPL will reopen to the public on Thursday, February 3.
DENVER TIP SHEET:
A message from Denver Human Services:
Denver’s Cold Weather/Emergency Shelter Plan is in effect. Anyone needing shelter should call 2-1-1 to be connected to resources and services courtesy of Mile High United Way. Outreach workers will be on the streets urging homeless people to come indoors. Several shelters are remaining open during the day to accommodate the homeless during frigid temperatures
A message from Denver’s Animal Care & Control:
Despite being covered in fur, pets are highly vulnerable to extreme temperatures. Please remember to keep pets indoors, where they can stay warm and dry.
From Denver Water:
Tips on preventing pipes from freezing, please visit: