|Call for nominations - join the Mayor's Bicycle Advisory Committee (MBAC)
The Mayor’s Bicycle Advisory Committee (MBAC) is looking for potential committee members.
If you are interested or involved in bicycling, this is an opportunity for you! As advisor to the Mayor and City agencies, and conduit to our community, the MBAC plays a leading role in making Denver a more bicycle friendly city. Denver is looking for committed individuals who will represent our diverse City and bicycle community.
Denver has always been a great city for bicycling, and converging local and global trends have renewed the enthusiasm and commitment to a cycling culture. In 2010, Denver moved up the ranks to become a Silver Bicycle Friendly Community, but there is still more work needed to reach the goal of 10 percent bicycle commuting by 2018.
To apply, please fill out a committee application and return it with a letter of interest and resume to Suzan Moore at Suzan.Moore@denvergov.org. All applications must be received by January 21, 2011.
When applying, please address the following in your letter of interest:
- How often do you ride a bike (daily, weekly, monthly) and for what purpose (recreation, transportation, etc.)?
- Are you a member of any bicycle organizations? Which ones?
- What bicycle-related activities do you /have you participated in?
- Do you use public transportation? Combine it with bike riding?
- Are you familiar with the Bicycle Friendly Communities program?
- Will you be able to make the time commitment to attend the monthly MBAC meeting and at least one sub-committee meeting per month?
- What do you hope to accomplish as a member of the Mayor's Bicycle Advisory Committee?
For more specific information about MBAC roles and responsibilities, please feel free to contact select members of the MBAC Nominating Committee, including Roger Adams, firstname.lastname@example.org, 720-877-1855; David Rapp, email@example.com, 303-965-3160; MBAC Chairman John Hayden, firstname.lastname@example.org, 303-297-3994; Emily Snyder, Senior City Planner, Denver Public Works, email@example.com, 720-913-4562.