All Motor Vehicle registration and titling services, including address changes, must be transacted in your county of residence or the county in which your vehicle will be permanently housed. If you live outside the City and County of Denver, you must contact a motor vehicle title and registration office in the county where you reside in order to request your change of address.
Denver Motor Vehicle registration address changes must include the following documentation:
- The driver's license number, identification card number of the owner of the vehicle.
- The plate number, title number and VIN number of the vehicle on which you wish to change the registration address. This information can be found on your current registration receipt.
- The old address at which the vehicle is currently registered.
- The new address at which you wish to have the vehicle registered.
Denver Motor Vehicle provides the following options for Denver County residents to request a change of address:
- You may visit any of our Denver Motor Vehicle branch offices to change the address on your motor vehicle registration.
- You may fax a legible copy of the above information and a legible copy of your driver's license/ID to (720) 865-4628.
- Please provide your daytime phone number.
- You may request an address change by clicking on this link to be taken to our on-line Motor Vehicle Registration Address Change form.
Please note that your online address change request may take up to 48 hours to be processed.
For immediate assistance please call 720-865-4600.
To change the address on your Colorado Driver License, please contact the State of Colorado.
To change the address or update your Colorado Voter Registration, please visit the Colorado Secretary of State, Go Vote Colorado.
Page revised September 20, 2011