The City and County of Denver is pleased to announce a new easy to use online application to apply or renew your business certifications.
Applying for ACDBE, DBE, M/WBE, EBE, SBE and SBEC:
Please go online to: https://denver.mwdbe.com/vendorstart.asp
- All certifications use the same application; please check the certification type(s) for which you are applying.
- There is a $200 application fee for MWBE/EBE/SBE/SBEC certification. It is payable online with any major credit or debit card at the end of the application before submittal.
- ACDBE and DBE certifications are free of charge.
- Please make sure all affidavits are complete and notarized. Remember to attach all required documents as incomplete applications delay the process.
Firms currently certified as MBE/SBE/SBEC/WBE and are eligible for EBE certification, download the EBE form here.
Renewing your ACDBE, DBE, M/WBE, SBE, EBE and SBEC:
Please go online to: https://denver.mwdbe.com/vendorstart.asp. (First-time users must create an account.)
- If you are certified under any of the local programs (MWBE/SBE/EBE/SBEC), you will only need to complete the MWBE/SBE/EBE/SBEC renewal application. This renewal application will also renew your DBE certification. There is a $50 renewal fee for this application payable online with any major credit or debit card.
- If you only have ACDBE and/or DBE, please complete the No Change Affidavit application for the annual review only. ACDBE and DBE renewals are free of charge.
- Please make sure all affidavits are complete and notarized. Remember to attach all required documents as incomplete applications delays the process.
NAICS code changes and/or additions
Please complete the form below for removal and/or additions to your NAICS codes.
Work Code Change Request
The 2006 CEI Ordinance did not allow for graduated companies to re-enter the certification program. The new 2014 Ordinance has removed that restriction and allows graduated companies to come back into the program.
If your company has graduated completely from the City and County of Denver certification program, and you are interested in returning to the program, please re-apply for certification. DSBO staff will process your new application with a fee of $200.
If your company has graduated from some of the NAICS codes because of size standards, but you are still certified as SBE, M/WBE, you may be eligible to receive those NAICS codes again. Please complete the “work code addition form” and submit the form to DSBO for processing.
If your company has graduated from the certification program because the owner has exceeded the personal net worth, you cannot return to the program (the $1.32M limit has not changed).
For additional information or questions please contact:
Office of Economic Development
Division of Small Business Opportunity (DSBO)
201 West Colfax, Dept. 907
Denver, CO 80202