Project goals are assigned to all City and County of Denver construction projects. Depending on the project, these goals may include Small Business Enterprise (SBE) goals, Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) goals, Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) goals, and Women Business Enterprise (WBE) goals.
Factors considered before setting goals:
- Known availability and capacity of MWBE/SBE/EBE/DBE/ACDBE/SBECs in specific industry groups.
- Committee members personal knowledge of the industry.
Project goals will be assigned to procurements that fall under the covered goods and services of the Purchasing Ordinance. For more information regarding the covered goods and services, please refer to the Purchasing Ordinance.
No goals will be assigned to Emerging Business Enterprise (EBE) projects. The City will offer projects restricted for bidding only for EBEs and provide free technical assistance to firms. For more information, please refer to the SBE & EBE section of this website.
The following committees assist the City with establishing MBE/WBE and DBE goals and SBE Participation on project(s) under the Defined Selection Pool:
- Construction Goals Committee
- Heavy Highway Goals Committee
- Professional Services Goals Committee
- Purchasing Goods & Services
2014 Goals Committee Meetings Schedule
Year-to-Date Goals Information
Goals Committee Project Information Form