The Metro Mortgage Assistance Plus Program is a special grant program for low and moderate income individuals and families that seeks to bring the dream of home ownership within reach.
We know that lacking the funds for a down payment is often a barrier to home ownership. As you apply for a 30-year fixed rate mortgage, we help with down payment and closing cost assistance of up to 4% of your loan!
Do I have to pay back this down payment grant in the future?
No! This is your incentive to take the exciting step to apply and qualify for a home mortgage.
How do I find out whether I qualify?
Your lender will help you explore your specific income, debt and credit factors. Unlike previous mortgage assistance programs you may have heard of, there is no requirement that you be a first-time buyer.
Your income needs to be less than $91,100 for households of two or fewer persons (and less than $103,000 for three or more).
Do I still need to meet other guidelines?
Yes, as any mortgage you do need to meet the standard loan guidelines.
This program asks that you have a minimum FICO score of 640 (660 for manufactured homes) and a maximum debt-to-income ratio of 45, and we also require that you complete a HUD-approved homebuyer education.
And even though a significant portion of your down payment will be supported by this grant, you may need to bring 0.5% (one-half of one percent of the total mortgage) to the closing on your own.
For example, a house you might purchase for $160,000 might require 4% as the down payment plus closing costs, or $6,400. This program would grant you $5,600 of that amount, but you would need to contribute $800.
What sorts of homes or properties can I purchase?
- Single-family, detached house
- Condominium or townhome
- Manufactured homes
You must occupy the home as your primary residence. We do not have a limit on the property price beyond what your lender believes you can qualify for. Note: This program does not include refinancing of properties you already own.
Where should the home I buy be located?
At this time, any home in Denver, Arvada, Aurora, Bennett, Boulder, Brighton, Broomfield, Castle Rock, Centennial, Commerce City, Dacono, Edgewater, Englewood, Firestone, Golden, Lakewood, Littleton, Parker, Sheridan, Thornton, Westminster, or Wheat Ridge can be purchased through this program; the home must be within the incorporated city limits of the participating city. In addition, Arapahoe County, Jefferson County and Boulder County are program participants for properties within unincorporated areas. Additional Metro Mayors Caucus jurisdictions are expected to join the program throughout the year.
Who are the mortgage lenders?
We’re pleased that the following lenders have offered to work on this program because they know that it represents a small but significant boost to increasing home ownership—which in turn builds the overall strength and vitality of neighborhoods. They are:
- Academy Mortgage, 303-914-3846
- Air Academy Federal Credit Union, 800-223-1983
- All Western Mortgage, 720-489-4445, 303-453-9978
- Amerifirst Financial Inc., 303-595-0110
- American Financing Corporation, 303-695-7000
- American Pacific Mortgage Corporation, 916-960-1265
- America's Mortgage, 303-996-2400
- AmeriPro Funding, Inc., 303-802-1799
- Axia Home Loans, 720-980-2886
- Caliber Home Loans Inc., 720-439-3300, 720-398-0406
- Castle & Cooke Mortgage LLC, 801-461-7100
- Cherry Creek Mortgage, 303-226-8835
- Citywide Home Loans, 303-996-7000
- Commerce Mortgage, 303-770-2686
- Cornerstone Home Lending, 303-957-2516
- DHA Financial Inc., 303-217-5620
- DHI Mortgage
- Diamond Residential Mortgage Corporation, 847-244-2170
- ENT Federal Credit Union, 800-525-9623
- Envoy Mortgage, 713-993-4434
- Everett Financial, Inc. DBA Supreme Lending, 214-340-5225
- Fairway Independent Mortgage Corporation, 866-912-4800
- First California Mortgage Company, 720-389-0033, 720-389-0022, 303-521-7169
- First National Bank of Omaha, 402-602-5305
- First Option Mortgage LLC/First Option Lending, 303-803-1900
- Franklin American Mortgage Company, 720-381-5045
- Freedom Financial Services, 303-663-5266
- Georgetown Mortgage, 303-229-2684, 512-930-7888
- Goldwater Bank N.A., 303-740-1477
- Guaranteed Rate, 303-285-1607, 303-668-6699
- Guild Mortgage, 720-446-3845
- Hallmark Home Mortgage LLC, 260-469-0903
- HomeBridge Financial Services, 720-644-3117
- Ideal Home Loans LLC, 303-783-3983
- LeaderOne Financial Corporation, 800-270-3416
- Loan Simple, Inc.
- Megastar Financial, 303-321-8800
- Mortgage Solutions of Colorado, 719-955-2340
- New American Funding, 1-877-884-3452
- Northstar Bank of Texas, 719-235-5104
- Nova Home Loans, 303-803-1030, 720-279-5900, 720-387-3000
- Peoples Mortgage, 303-228-7792
- Primary Residential Mortgage, Inc., 303-256-5748
- Right Start Mortgage, 626-739-5303
- Republic Mortgage Home Loans, Inc., 800-288-9400
- Rocky Mountain Mortgage Specialists, Inc., 303-773-6106
- Stearns Lending, Inc.
- Stonegate Mortgage Corporation, 317-663-5100
- Summit Mortgage Corporation, 303-779-0591, 720-200-9480
- The Mortgage Company, 303-300-1850
- Universal American Mortgage Company, 720-836-4879
- Universal Lending Corporation, 303-758-4969
- Vectra Bank Colorado, 720-947-7596
- V.I.P. Mortgage, 303-302-2285, 303-695-7818
- Wells Fargo Home Mortgage
- Weststar Mortgage Corporation, 303-210-7502
- W. J. Bradley Mortgage Capital LLC, 720-270-7619
- WR Starkey Mortgage, 303-757-0300, 303-671-8733
How do you become a participating lender?
In order to become a participating lender in this program, participants must be a mortgage banker, an FHA and VA approved mortgagee, and become an approved mortgage lender with the master servicer, US Bank Home Mortgage. If your company meets these qualifications and would like to become a participating lender in the Denver MMA Plus program, please execute and return the Lender Agreement and the US Bank Lender Contact Information Sheet, which can be found below, as well as a Lender Participation Fee of $1,000 (check made payable to “City and County of Denver”). Please return these three requested items to the attention of Jennnifer Payne at Raymond James, Two Buckhead Plaza, Suite 702, 3050 Peachtree Road NW, Atlanta, GA 30305. Should you have any questions, interested lenders may contact Stacy Houston (email@example.com) for more information.
US Bank Lender Contact Information Sheet
How long will this opportunity last?
The City of Denver has established a revolving pool of $30 million to support this program. As the funds are revolving, the program will remain in place for the foreseeable future, as long as demand continues.
How do I get started?
Contact a participating lender, tell them that you’re interested in the “Metro Mortgage Assistance Plus Program,” and begin the process today to become the metro area’s newest homeowner!
For Denver residents, there is the potential for qualified borrowers to receive a federal tax credit of up to $2,000 annually as well. Ask your lender whether you meet Mortgage Credit Certificate Program requirements found below.