Denver Workforce Center and DIA Employer Services are hosting a Job Fair at Denver International Airport on Monday February 14th, 2011, 10 am to 1:45 pm
Jeppesen Terminal, Level 6 West, City Conference Room
YOU MUST PRE-REGISTER AND BRING YOUR COMPLETED 2-PAGE REGISTRATION FORM TO THE JOB FAIR IN ORDER TO ATTEND!
Registration forms or pens will not be available at the job fair – do not leave home without yours.
- All applicants MUST pass a 10-year background check to be eligible for employment at the airport. Some businesses have more strict requirements.
- Parking will NOT be validated. Be prepared to cover your own transportation and/or parking costs. (http://flydenver.com/parking, http://www.rtd-denver.com/)
- Please dress appropriately; you will not be allowed entry if dressed inappropriately for jobseeking.
- Due to limited space, only pre-registered jobseekers will be allowed entry into the job fair room (no children, relatives, friends)
- Download the two-page registration form complete it and bring with you. This is your entry form and you cannot attend the job fair without it. Registration forms and pens will not be available the day of the job fair.
- Register as a jobseeker on http://www.connectingcolorado.com/. If you’re already registered, make sure your contact information and skills are current.
- Search the jobs available to make sure you’re qualified:
- In http://www.connectingcolorado.com/, click on the Custom Search button then enter “DIAJOBFAIR” in the Keyword Search field.
- Read each job posting to ensure you meet the minimum requirements the businesses are looking for.
- In the Job Description for each job posting, read and understand any special instructions the business may have (for example, some businesses require you apply on their website before attending, some require you to bring a copy of your CareerReadyColorado certificate, some require you to bring documentation such as your driving record and birth certificate, some will meet you at another DIA location, etc.)
- Be sure to read each job posting carefully for any special criteria/instructions prior to attending
- Research the business you’re interested in working for and learn what that business does (impress the recruiters)
- Bring plenty of copies of your resume and/or copies of your online application, if applicable
- Practice your 30-second commercial: tell recruiters why they should hire you
- Attend Denver Workforce JobReady123 classes – more information at your nearest Denver Workforce Center
A sign language interpreter or other accommodation can be made available upon request. Please contact Lynn Sargent at 303-342-2580 or firstname.lastname@example.org at least one week prior to the event if accommodation is required.