- Function: The Denver Youth Council is a standing committee of the Denver Workforce Investment Board and fulfills all local region Youth Council responsibilities under the Workforce Investment Act (WIA) of 1998. It is the intent of the Denver Youth Council to provide services for the Denver workforce region in cooperation and coordination with other workforce regions and Youth Councils from the metro Denver region and around the State of Colorado. The Council’s primary purpose, powers and duties are:
- To develop portions of the local plan relating to eligible youth
- To recommend eligible providers of youth activities to be awarded by the Denver Workforce Investment Board
- To conduct oversight of the eligible providers of youth activities
- Membership Qualifications:
- The Council must include: at least two members of the Denver Workforce Investment Board with special interest or expertise in youth policy; and, representatives of youth serving agencies, local public housing authority, Job Corps, a parent of WIA eligible youth, and a former participant.
- Members are appointed by a majority vote of the Denver Workforce Investment Board.
- Membership terms are for two years.
- Meets: Monthly on the 2nd Friday of the month (except in August and December) from 12:00 noon to approximately 1:00 p.m. at the Denver Metro Chamber of Commerce, 1445 Market Street, 4th Floor Boardroom.
Youth Council Members
Megan Huffnagle, American Blue Ribbon Holdings (Chair)
Kelli Kelly, Parsons
Bernard McCune, Denver Public Schools
Lexis McQueary, Student
Brigid McRaith, Mile High Youth Corps
Lynne Picard, Denver Housing Authority
Cody Homeburg, Collbran Job Corps Center
Emily Milian, Junior Achievement/Rocky Mountain, Inc.
Caren Swales, Job Corps
Charlotte Stephens, Public Safety Youth Programs
Mali Tolman, Parent/DPS
Sharon Vigil, Palo Alto/Taco Bell
2010-2015 Youth Council Strategic Plan
New Member Prospectus
Meeting Schedule - meets at the same time as Denver Workforce Investment Board, or immediately preceding it--call for information.
Meeting Minutes are included in the minutes of the Denver Workforce Investment Board.
Contact: David Ford, Workforce Board Liaison, at 720.913.1669 or email@example.com;
or Lori Mack, Denver Youth Program Administrator, at 720.865.5565 or firstname.lastname@example.org.