Denver WIB's Denver Workforce Investment Act & Wagner-Peyser Local Plan for Program Year 2013
Denver Program Year 2012 Annual Report to the Colorado Workforce Development Council
2011 Action Plan
- The Denver Workforce Investment Board has refined its vision and mission and has adopted a set of actions items to: 1) Build business and community partnerships; 2) Market the workforce development system; 3) Advocate workforce system improvements; and, 4) Revitalize established and pursue new partnerships for youth activities.
VISION---To be a nationally recognized, business driven workforce solution that supports the economic vitality and sustainability of Colorado and the metro Denver region.
MISSION---To engage in activities and partnerships that support a business driven workforce development system that supports success for business and the workforce in Colorado and the metro Denver region by providing a well-trained, skilled, competitive local workforce that meets the needs of local businesses.
2009 Action Plan
- The Denver Workforce Investment Board's action items to accomplish the goals of the Strategic Plan and carry out the mission and vision of the Board.
2006 Action Plan
- The Denver Workforce Investment Board's 2006 action items to accomplish the goals of the Strategic Plan.
2004 Strategic Plan
- In early 2004, the Denver Workforce Investment Board (DWIB) launched a strategic planning effort that focused on creating a blueprint for a highly effective workforce development system--one that fully meets the needs of businesses in the region and delivers a highly skilled, productive and job-ready workforce. During this process, the DWIB reiterated its commitment to two key roles: Workforce Policy Development and Partnership Formation. The Board has defined its vision and mission statements as follows:
VISION---To be a nationally recognized, market-driven workforce development system that attracts and retains businesses while supporting its workforce.
MISSION---To deliver workforce development services through partnerships and initiatives addressing the economic health of the region.
- The Operating Procedures have been adopted by the Denver Workforce Investment Board as the operating rules for conducting its business.
Contact: David Ford, Workforce Board Liaison, at 720-913-1669 or email@example.com.