The job search. With so many careers to choose from, it can be difficult to figure out not only what you want to do, but what you would be good at. OED offers assessment tools designed to meet your needs and those of your future employer.
Assessment tools are available at no cost to help individuals prepare for improved employment opportunities and make better career and educational decisions. To get started, simply ask a workforce center staff member to get you started on the assessment tool you're interested in.
- CareerReady Colorado Certificate (CRC) - The ACT WorkKeys CRC measures "real world" skills that employers believe are critical to job success. These skills are valuable for any occupation - skilled or professional, and at any level of education.
- KeyTrain - KeyTrain is an online interactive learning tool that is used as a pretest and remedial tool to pass the WorkKeys CareerReady Colorado Certificate in Applied Mathematics, Reading for Information and Locating Information. KeyTrain also offers the Career Skills curriculum that includes 200 online soft skills lessons in five areas: Work Habits, Communication Skills, Workplace Effectiveness, Business Etiquette and the Job Search.
- LearningLine - LearningLine is an online resource that helps adult learners develop basic skills in computer usage, communication, completeing job application forms, interviewing and understanding basic conflict resolution strategies. This assessment is especially benefiical for English language learners who are looking to improve their reading and writing skills.
- Success Profiler - Success Profiler is an online tool that assesses Emotional Intelligence (EM) or soft skills such as interpersonal awareness, commitment ethic, decision-making and time management.
- O*NET - O*NET is a self-directed career exploration tool to help individuals consider and plan career options and transitions more effectively. The O*NET Work Importance, Interest and Ability Profilers assist individuals in identifying their work-related interests, what they consider important on the job and their abilities to further explore the occupations that closely match those attributes. Users of this tool may link to more than 800 occupations described by the O*NET database along with a wide range of helpful occupational information.
- Mavis Beacon - The Mavis Beacon online tool can help improve keyboarding skills, increase speed and increase accuracy. The quicker you can keyboard, the quicker you can complete those important tasks - from resume writing to Internet job search and online applications. Learn to type the correct way to increase productivity and lead you to a better paying job.
MATERIALS: Assessment materials are provided at no cost to customers.