- Interviewing Skills - Designed to help individuals improve interviewing techniques and market themselves effectively to employers. Attendees develop a customized 30-second commercial for job search interviews.
- Cover Letters/Thank You Letter/References - Learn how to design and create dynamic, "results-oriented" cover and thank you letters.
- Facilitated Job Search - Provides job seekers with guided assistance in their job search efforts with online applications and a variety of employment resources and opportunities.
- Job Search Plan - This class is designed to help job seekers build a strategic job search plan using networking and other resources to tap into the hidden job market. Participants develop a customized Job Search Plan.
- Resume Strategies - This class teaches eight easy steps to building an effective resume. Through examples and in-class exercises, individuals learn how to create an objective statement, professional summary, and achievement statements. Participants select a resume format and design based on work history, skills, education and experience. The electronic resume or e-resume are also introduced.
- Resume and Cover Letter Review - Critique session for individuals who have a cover letter and a resume completed. Tips and suggestions are offered to improve resumes and cover letters and generate successful responses.
Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Denver Workforce Center at Westside
Richard T. Castro Building1200 Federal Blvd.
1st floor, west end of building
Upon completion of the class, students will have a completed resume, mastered a job application, learned interview techniques and obtained handouts containing job search and retention tips.
Job Readiness Training is open to all individuals and is targeted primarily to recipients of Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF). All job seekers can benefit from this class. For more information contact OED-Workforce Development Group Services as indicated below.
Job Readiness Training participants will receive a certificate upon successful completion of the training.
An agency referral is required for TANF clients. TANF participants will need IRC and TANF referral form. Non-TANF customers are requested to call OED-Workforce Development Group Services at 720.865.2272 for more details.