Permit applications are processed on a walk-in, first come, first served basis Tuesday - Friday between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m., excluding Holidays.
Denver Police Department Administrative Building
1331 Cherokee St., Denver, CO 80204
- Download and complete the information packet, application forms and any other required supplemental documents listed under Citizen Application Forms. Please carefully review all instructions.
- When you arrive you must have all documents completed.
A complete packet should include:
Fingerprinting and Photographing will be completed at the time of processing.
- The application completed but not signed. All applicants must sign the application in the presence of the issuing county sheriff or designee.
- An original handgun training certificate or a photocopy that includes the original signature of the class instructor.
Certificates must contain the applicant's name, course name,
date of the course and the instructor’s original signature.
Online, home study and hunter safety courses will not be accepted.
- A Valid Colorado State identification card.
- Proof of Denver County residency:
Examples - lease agreement, mortgage statement or copy of property tax statement.
- A CASHIERS CHECK OR MONEY ORDER IN THE AMOUNT OF $152.50 payable to the Denver Police Department.
No cash or personal checks will be accepted.
- You must complete the concealed handgun permits supplemental form if you answer "yes" to question number 14 on the application.
Questions? Please call (720) 913-6836