The Denver Police Department encourages all citizens to be aware of their surroundings and to report all suspicious activity by calling the numbers provided to the left of this page or contacting your local police district station. Below is a list of indicators that point to suspicious behavior or even possible terrorist activity:
- Business patrons or individuals who carry large amounts of cash.
- Business patrons or individuals who make unusual rentals or purchase large amounts of a chemical substance—particularly poisonous, flammable, or explosive substances.
- Unusual thefts of chemicals or explosive substances.
- Unusual thefts of weapons or vehicles, including planes or boats.
- Business patrons or individuals who make unusual inquiries about public utilities, large public gatherings, transportation centers, or governmental buildings.
- Anyone making requests for information, particularly about security or procedures for high-risk buildings or events listed above.
- Anyone attempting to appear ‘normal’ in their behavior, such as portraying themselves as a student or tourist.
- Any person carrying identity documents that are issued using various names.
Please check back soon for downloadable alert sheets pertaining to specific types of businesses. For additional information on preventing crime, visit our Neighborhood Crime Prevention or Business Crime Prevention pages.