ITEMS REQUIRED FOR SERVICE:
- A completed CIVIL PROCESS INFORMATION FORM (You may obtain this form by clicking on the link).
- Two court certified copies of the papers you would like served. Pre-payment of fees is required. You may request a billing account if you are a Colorado licensed attorney or collection agency and have a principle office located in Colorado.
- Payment can be made by check or money order payable to The Denver Sheriff Department.
- Check amount owed on the FEES LIST page.
THE DENVER SHERIFF DEPARTMENT WILL PROVIDE:
- A Return of Service. This will notify you if the service was successful and will serve as proof of service to the court.
- The Return of Service will tell you the name of the person served, the date and time of service and the address where service occurred.
- If the service was unsuccessful the Return of Service will provide an explanation such as: moved, no such address, address not in Denver, etc.
- If the service was unsuccessful you may be due a partial refund. You will receive the refund approximately 4 to 6 weeks after you receive the Return of Service. This refund is mailed directly from the Auditor’s Office.
SEND PAPERS FOR SERVICE, PAYMENT AND THE CIVIL PROCESS INFORMATION FORM TO:
The Denver Sheriff Department
201 W. Colfax Avenue
Denver, CO 80202
(Some of the documents linked above are accessible only in the Adobe Acrobat format. You will need the Adobe Acrobat Reader to open and read this document. If you do not have an Acrobat Reader, click here to download a free version.)