The following information provides an overview for requesting and applying to hold an event in the City and County of Denver. The directions provided will allow the Denver Event Office to 1
) update the current Denver Event Calendar, 2
) assist with the coordination of modified or new events, 3
) initiate Denver’s city-wide event review process and 4
) track and assist with the progress of city related permits and guidelines for Denver’s events.
Event Review Process - Submission of the online event request form
will serve as a starting point to initiate the citywide event review process
. The review process will notify necessary City departments and agencies of individual event’s plans and needs. Each department will then reach out with their particular requirements and assist you with the permit application. The review process will be monitored by the Event Office which will ‘track’ the progress for city related requirements and guidelines, including permits, for your event.
Note: The on-line request forms are not applications, they will serve to initiate the review process.
The Event Request form categories are:
The following information describes the process involved for each of the three requested areas:
- Existing Event
An event that occurred in the same location and on the same date as in the prior year (2013). Please note that the same date also includes events that are during the same time-frame each year, such as the first Saturday in May.
- Modified Event
An event that has occurred on Denver public property in 2013 but is changing either the event location or event date for 2014.
- New Event
An event that has not occurred on Denver public property.
) Submit the List your Event form ASAP to be included on the 2014 Denver Event Calendar.
2) Submit the Existing Event Request form at least 90 days prior to your event. Submission of the event request will initiate the citywide review process.—see description above.
1) Submit Modified Event Request form at least 90 days prior to the event. The Denver Event Office will then assist in coordinating your modified date or location. Once the modified date/location is confirmed, then you will be advised to:
1) Submit New Event request form at least 90 days prior to the event. The Denver Event Office will then assist in coordinating the details of your new event including
2) Submit the ‘List your Event’ form for information to be included on the Denver Event Calendar
3) Once the Event Office has received the coordinated and necessary information, the citywide review process will be initiated - see description above.
location, date and other necessary information. Once the new event details have been confirmed and approved by the Denver Event Office, then you will be advised to:
) Submit the ‘List your Event’ form for information to be included on the Denver Event Calendar
) Once the Event Office has received the coordinated and necessary information, the citywide review
process will be initiated—see description above.
Please send any and all additional information that will help facilitate the process including site map, route, street closures, neighborhood notification, etc., by email to the Denver Event office at email@example.com
If you have questions or concerns, please email firstname.lastname@example.org