Name of Funding: 2A Out of School Time Program Funds
City Agency: Office of Children's Affairs
Link to RFP: Not available at this time, but will be www.denvergov.org/childrensaffairs
Type of Grant: General Operating/Program
Source of Funds: Local
Total Funds Available: $500,000 for each year, 2 RFPs are issued, one for summer programs and one for the school year
Funding Range: $25,000-$70,000
Average Award Amount: $30,000
Maximum Award Amount: $250,000
Scope of Funding:
The overall purpose of the funds are to expand and/or enhance out-of-school time offerings to provide more Denver children and youth opportunities to participate in safe and enriching quality programs that support learning through engaging academic and youth development activities. Funds can be used to:
• Expand services to a new program site
• Expand the number of students served in the existing program
• Expand and or enhance program offerings
• Expand service hours (more hours/day, more days, or more weeks)
What City Priority Does this Funding Connect to: Kids, Jobs, and Safety Net
The vision of the Office of Children's Affairs is to deliver a City where all children, youth, and their families have the opportunity to succeed. We partner with City agencies, community based organizations and other key stakeholders to achieve three goals to ensure that: Children have their basic needs met, are ready for kindergarten, and have the opportunity to succeed academically and professionally
We focus resources on increasing access to and participation in quality programs and services. One of the Office’s top priorities is to develop a city-wide infrastructure and system of support for organizations that serve children and youth during the out-of-school hours through academic and enrichment programs that keep kids safe, inspire kids to learn, and prepare them for the future.
- Applications will be accepted from any not-for-profit community-based organization and Denver Public Schools 21st Century grant sites.
- All programs must be located in and provide services to school-age (K-12) children and youth from one or more of the identified Denver neighborhoods outlined in the RFP.
- Programs must meet the definition of an out-of-school time program as defined by the Denver Afterschool Alliance.
Key Qualifications or Areas of Interest:
- Organizations must demonstrate prior experience in providing youth programs.
- Applicants must have the capacity to leverage resources to expand existing and/or enhance program services for Denver school-age (K-12) students during non-school hours. Programs should be held in group settings at a set time and location.
- Programs must meet minimum safety requirements as outlined in the RFP.
- Programs that are located within a Denver Public Schools building, must maintain a Denver Public Schools Partnership Agreement.
- Programs must complete and maintain a Community Partnership System Profile
Questions Due: NONE OF THESE DATES HAVE BEEN DETERMINED AT THIS TIME
Award Notification: NONE OF THESE DATES HAVE BEEN DETERMINED AT THIS TIME
Anticipated Contract Start: NONE OF THESE DATES HAVE BEEN DETERMINED AT THIS TIME
Contact to Register Interest: Maxine Quintana (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Contact for Questions: Maxine Quintana (email@example.com)