Report a Problem

Report and traffic and parking problems to 311 using the online help form.

Report traffic and parking problems to 311 using the online help form

Report problems like: 

    • Out-of-order meters or kiosks
    • Malfunctioning traffic lights
    • Traffic obstruction / blocked street 
    • Signage missing / unreadable 

Or Contact 311 By Phone

Within Denver dial: 3-1-1 Outside Denver: 720-913-1311

Traffic Light

Sometimes referred to as a "Traffic Light" or "Stop Light", these are the red, yellow and green lights that direct traffic at intersections. The correct term for this type of light is "Traffic Signal" or "Illuminated Traffic Signal".


Street Light

Street Lights or Street Lamps come in a variety of shapes, styles and sizes, but in general, the term refers to the lights that are on the sidewalks or the sides of streets and shed light on the right-of-way.

Standard street lights in Denver are maintained by Xcel Energy. To report an outage within the City & County of Denver please call them at 1-800-895-4999 or report it online. Please have the pole # available if possible.

Decorative pedestrian scale lights are generally maintained by the adjacent property owner and not Xcel energy.