|Auraria West Station Area Plan Adopted by City Council
June 15, 2009.
Auraria West Station Area Plan is an important document in establishing a clear vision for the station area and surrounding neighborhoods. Strategies will:
- Provide an opportunity for an energized neighborhood of mixed-use development with campus-supportive uses
- Enhance multi-modal connections between the station, campus, downtown and the surrounding residential, office/employment, and entertainment uses
- Develop a vision for 5th street as a spine connecting the neighborhood grid
- Activate the station platform and provide a destination for students and transit riders with a “Campus Hot Spot”
- Capture the value and ensure the success of this significant public investment in the rail system