Denver Parking Permits

Car sharing is a fee-based membership service that provides all qualified drivers in the community access to a fleet of vehicles on a minute or hourly basis. This shared vehicle fleet is available to members 24 hours, 7 days a week at unattended self-service locations. No separate written agreement is required each time a member reserves and uses a vehicle. Car usage is provided without restriction at minute, hourly and/or ‘per mile’ rates that include fuel, insurance, and maintenance.

The goals of the program are to provide increased mobility options for Denver residents, employees, visitors, reduce parking demand, and traffic congestion.

The car share permit program allows qualifying car share operators to apply for either a dedicated space permit or vehicle area permit.  

Map of current car share dedicated space locations in the downtown area

Denver Car Share Program 2013-2014 Assessment

CITY EMPLOYEES ONLY may use the below applications to request parking permits for City owned parking facilities in the Downtown Denver area.  Employee parking facilities include the Webb Building Garage, Cultural Center Complex Garage, Minoru Yasui/303 Garage, and the Denver Performing Arts Center Garage. 

Application and Requirements

Webb Building Parking Garage Policies

Meters may be bagged with "No Parking" bags over the meter heads to keep the street clear of parked cars for construction, special events and filming. Please note, a street occupancy permit must also be obtained for any event that takes place in the street/sidewalks/public right of way.

Note:  Meter bagging requests take up to 5 business days to process, so should be submitted at least 1 week before your event.

Requirements and applications


Emergency Truck Parking Hang Tags are issued to companies that have infrastructure in the City and County of Denver Right-of-Way. These permits only allow Emergency Service Trucks to make repairs in the public right-of-way.

Special Parking Hang Tags allow Permittee to park in a Special Zone adjacent to their business. Eligible business include (but aren't limited to) child care, recreation centers, courts and churches.

Truck Loading Hang Tags authorize any commercial licensed and registered truck using a Truck Loading Hang Tag to park in a loading zone according to the terms of that specific loading zone.

Requirements and applications

A residential parking permit exempts a resident’s vehicle from the posted, on-street parking time limit restrictions in the block on which the owner of the vehicle resides. While having a residential parking permit doesn't guarantee you a parking space, it does mean you don't have to worry about time limits when parked on your block.

Read more or apply...

This permit allows occupancy of an approved off-street area on the public right-of-way for parking of vehicles.

Requirements and applications

Special parking permits are used to restrict parking in certain areas for school zones.

Requirements and applications

If you are blocking the street, sidewalk or right-of-way, you will need a street occupancy permit.

Requirements and applications

Businesses looking to become a valet parking service, businesses looking to utilize a valet service, or existing valet businesses looking to operate at a new location need a Valet Parking Permit.

See business licensing information on applying for, or renewing a valet location license.