Master Composters learn all about composting and recycling in Denver AND give back to the community. You’ll have tons of fun, and you’re guaranteed to meet others who are committed to the environment and to their communities. No experience required!
Here’s how the program works:
- Instruction: Receive 40 hours of instruction in compost science, compost bin construction, worm composting, urban gardening, recycling and solid waste management, and community outreach.
- Service: In exchange for your training you’ll be required to return 40 hours of outreach service teaching composting and recycling to Denver residents. You’ll have six months to complete your outreach service requirement.
- Dedication, not experience: You do not need to be an experienced composter or gardener to participate, but you must be able to commit the time necessary to attend the classes, tours and demonstration site sessions.
- Cost: A $35 fee is generally required to help cover the cost of certain materials. However, this fee can be waived for extreme hardship cases.
- Schedule: Classes will be held about once a week for 10 weeks on a combination of Monday evenings, Saturday mornings and one Friday field trip.
- Enrollment: Approximately 30 enthusiastic and committed participants will be selected each year for this program.