Denver residents may dispose of and recycle their household hazardous waste properly through the City's Household Hazardous Waste Program. Residents living in single-family homes or buildings of seven units or less can make an at-home collection appointment once per calendar year. All participants must submit a $15 co-payment at the time of their appointment.
There are three easy ways to schedule a collection appointment:
- Call 1-800-HHW-PKUP (1-800-449-7587)
- Email AtYourDoor@WM.com
- Go to www.wmAtYourDoor.com
Once you make an appointment:
Before making appointment, please make sure that you qualify. To quality for an appointment, you must have either:
- A minimum of 25 pounds of any one material listed under the Acceptable Household Hazardous Waste list. * Please note that appointments will not be schedule for only latex paint collection. If you only have latex paint, please review the list of latex paint drop sites on the Recycling Directory OR
- A minimum of 3 different types of materials listed under the Acceptable Household Hazardous Waste list.
** Note: Denver residents that reside in multi-family buildings with more than 7 units are not eligible for a door-to-door collection, but may make an appointment to drop off items at the Denver Regional Household Hazardous Waste Facility. Residents using the program will be responsible for a $15 co-payment. Drop-off appointments are limited, so only residents living in buildings with more than 7 units are eligible for drop-off appointments.
- A Collection Kit is shipped so you receive it a few days before your scheduled collection. The Kit includes a bag to contain your materials, instructions, labels and a tie to secure the bag.
- Assemble all your Household Hazardous Waste according to the instructions. Be sure to include the $15 co-payment. Materials without lids, leaking or not labeled will not be accepted. Containers must be 5-gallons or less. The collection bag holds about 10-12 gallons.
- If you have more waste than will fit in the bag and are willing to pay for collection of the excess material, then please call the 1-800-449-7587 hotline to arrange for payment for those additional items.