This fall, keep your leaves out of the landfill by composting them through Denver Recycles’ LeafDrop program!
Composting leaves not only saves space in the landfill, it also creates a valuable commodity and reduces your environmental impact. Denver Recycles is providing multiple drop-off locations during the months of October and November. The two weekday
Leafdrop sites will be open October 1st through November 30th for residents to bring their bagged leaves for composting. Weekend
LeafDrop sites will be open for the first three weekends in November. By participating in the LeafDrop program you can make less trash, keep our streets clean, and help to make compost for Denver Recycles’ Annual Mulch Giveaway & Compost Sale in May. Free paper leaf and yard bags available for Denver Residents!
Break the plastic bag habit. Choose paper bags instead! As an extra incentive for residents to compost leaves and to encourage the use of paper bags, Denver Recycles and Ace Hardware stores are partnering to give away 10,000 free paper leaf & yard bags. Unlike plastic bags, paper bags can be composted along with the leaves, saving time and reducing plastic waste. Starting October 1st, Denver residents can pick up a FREE 5-pack of paper leaf & yard bags at participating Denver area Ace Hardware stores with a coupon. Visit DenverGov.org/LeafDrop to print your free paper bag coupon and to get a list of participating Ace Hardware stores. No purchase necessary, while supplies last, limit one free pack per household. Additional bags can be purchased for about $2.50 per 5-pack at any Ace Hardware Store.
LeafDrop Locations and Dates. Please only bring leaves to drop sites during specified dates and times. Dropping off leaves at other times is considered illegal dumping.
WEEKDAYS: MONDAY – FRIDAY, Oct. 1 - Nov. 30, 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. All leaves brought during the week must be in secured bags. Paper bags are preferred.
- Cherry Creek Transfer Station - 7301 E. Jewell Ave. (Quebec St. & Cherry Creek Dr. South)
- Havana Nursery - 10450 Smith Rd. (Just south of I-70 on Havana St.)
WEEKENDS: SATURDAYS & SUNDAYS, NOV. 1, 2, 8, 9, 15 & 16, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Dropping off leaves at other times is considered illegal dumping.
Help us manage the LeafDrop program by following these guidelines:
- EAST: Cranmer Park - 3rd Ave. & Clermont St.
- NORTHEAST: Smiley Middle School - 26th Ave. & Holly St.
- NORTH CENTRAL: Argo Park - 48th Ave. & Clark Pl. (NEW DROP SITE)
- SOUTH CENTRAL: South High School - Louisiana Ave. & Franklin St.
- SOUTHEAST: Cherry Creek Transfer Station - 7301 E. Jewell Ave. (Quebec St. & Cherry Creek Dr. South)
- WEST: Sloan’s Lake Park - 17th Ave. & Sheridan Blvd.
- SOUTHWEST: Kennedy High School - Newland St. & Brown Pl.
- Drop sites and free Ace Hardware paper bag offer is for Denver residents only.
- Jack-O-Lanterns and pumpkins will be accepted for composting at drop sites after Halloween.
- Make sure leaves do not contain branches or other materials.
- Never rake or blow leaves into the street, as this clogs storm sewers and street sweepers.
For more information on this year’s LeafDrop program call 720-865-6810 or visit DenverGov.org/DenverRecycles.