This is a FREE introductory seminar for people with little or no tax experience who need to learn the basics of Denver taxes.
After attending this seminar you will:
- Have a basic knowledge of the most commonly encountered aspects of Denver sales, use, occupational privilege and personal property taxes.
- Know what Lodger’s tax, TBT and FDA tax are, and whether they apply to you.
- Be aware of specific tax treatments of construction contractors and exempt organizations.
- Know which tax licenses you need, how to apply for them and how to fill out and file the returns.
- Know about the Statute of Limitations and your obligations regarding record keeping.
- Know what your tax obligations are when you buy or sell a business.
- Know where to go to get additional help.
- Have had an opportunity to get your specific questions answered by talking to any of the presenters one-on-one
If this sounds like something that would be beneficial to you or your employees, please call Jan Meddling at (720) 913-9374 to register. If you have questions or need more information contact the Seminar Coordinator, Juli Telford, at (720) 913-9322.
Upcoming Dates and Time:
- Thursday, June 18, 2015, 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM
This seminar may be cancelled without adequate registration. Please register prior to Monday, June 8, 2015.
Location - To be determined
Future seminars will be held in different areas of the City in an effort to provide convenient locations for all taxpayers. Locations will be posted here when confirmed.
Colorado Department of Revenue Tax Classes
(link will take you to State of Colorado website)