The City and County of Denver (City) is soliciting Requests for Letters of Interest from designers, contractors, or teams interested in providing professional Progressive Design/Build (D/B) services for the Renewable Natural Gas Facility at Denver Arapahoe Disposal Site Project (Project).
GENERAL STATEMENT OF WORK: The Project consists of design, construction, and commissioning of a new renewable natural gas (RNG) facility at the Denver Arapahoe Disposal Site (DADS). The plant shall be designed to process and upgrade landfill gas directed to the facility by means of the DADS landfill gas collection system which currently collects over 640,000 million British thermal units (MMBTU) per year with anticipated increases in the future. The RNG plant will inject the resulting high BTU gas into the adjacent on property high pressure natural gas transmission pipeline owned by Kinder Morgan.
It is anticipated the combined RFQ/RFP (RFP) will be issued in July with a virtual pre-bid meeting and site walk of the proposed project area to follow. Interested firms are encouraged to attend. Contractors are responsible for any information conveyed at this meeting. Attendance at this meeting or response to this RFI are not required to submit a response to the RFP.
Contractors are required to be pre-qualified. Prequalification for this project will be set at the $50M+ level and the specialty category will be provided in the RFP. Projects completed at less than this value will be considered for prequalification purposes if reference projects are limited. The deadline for prequalification approval will be announced at a later date. Prequalification is not required in order to respond to this Request for Letters of Interest. Additional Prequalification information may be found at www.denvergov.org/prequalification.
DSBO PARTICIPATION: Project goals will be stated within the RFP.
LETTERS OF INTEREST: The Letters of Interest will allow the Project Team to compile a list of interested companies for notices and any announcements relating to this project. Firms interested in receiving project information should send a Letter of Interest to Katie Ragland via the DOTI.Procurement@denvergov.org inbox no later than May 10, 2023, to ensure that you receive future information about the Project. Include in your Letter of Interest the name, address, phone numbers, and e-mail address for a contact person at your firm. In addition, the Letter of Interest shall include responses to the questions below which will aid the City in drafting the RFQ. Responses shall be limited to 4 pages.
- Provide a short statement describing your organization. Include a list of services that are self-performed and a list of services that are provided by a third party.
- Briefly describe your firm’s experience related to RNG projects. At a minimum, include project type (landfill, agriculture, wastewater, etc.), project delivery method (design-bid-build, traditional D/B, progressive D/B, construction manager at-risk, etc.), and approximate construction cost.
- Briefly describe your firms experience utilizing the progressive D/B delivery method for these types of projects. If your firm does not have experience with the progressive D/B delivery method, what is your expectation of a progressive D/B project compared to other delivery methods used?
- Briefly describe your experience utilizing a Guaranteed Maximum Price (GMP) contract format with the progressive D/B delivery method.
- Provide a list of RNG facilities in operation that were previously constructed by your firm.
- Briefly describe your firm’s availability to complete a full design within the 2024 calendar year and begin construction at the end of the 2024 calendar year.
- Briefly discuss any foreseeable supply chain issues and potential lead times related to major equipment components found at RNG facilities.
- Briefly discuss challenges and successes encountered during the commissioning phase of past RNG facility projects. Please also include challenge mitigation methods used to ensure a smooth and successful commissioning process.
All dates are tentative and subject to change by the City.
Publication Dates: April 13, 14, 17, 2023
Published In: The Daily Journal