Auditor O'Brien was honored to receive the following recognitions for his professionalism and contributions to government auditing and leadership in government:
In his 11 years in Colorado’s top auditing job, the Colorado State Auditor, Auditor O’Brien:
- Pushed for the Great Colorado Payback program that returned almost $400 million to the rightful owners.
- Produced over 750 financial and performance audits.
- Identified savings of over $200 million.
- Managed budget increases to less than 1.5% per year.
- Twice recognized by the non-partisan National Conference of State Legislatures for his legislative program twice.
As a Board member, an Audit Committee expert, and as an auditor, Auditor O’Brien:
- Participated in hundreds of audits.
- Facilitated the merger between two publicly held corporations.
- Advised public pension plans.
Auditor O’Brien has led both private and public organizations, and provided expert financial advice to those and others.