- Complimentary beer, wine and alcohol are served for consumption on the licensed premises only to overnight guests.
- The sale of alcohol by the drink or in sealed containers is prohibited.
- Alcohol service by the drink can be offered for no more than four hours in any one day.
- The facility has no more than 20 sleeping rooms
- The facility provides at least one meal per day at no charge other than for overnight lodging
- The public hearing process is waived for bed and breakfast applications.
Multiple interests are allowed with bed and breakfast permits in other bed and breakfast permits, hotel and restaurant licenses, tavern licenses, brew pub licenses, club licenses, arts licenses, racetrack licenses, public transportation system licenses, optional premises licenses, retail gaming tavern licenses, and vintner's restaurant license.
A 500-foot distance restriction from public and parochial schools, colleges, universities, and seminaries does not apply to bed and breakfast permit applications.