Lodging/Entertainment Liquor License

Sale of beer, wine, and liquor for consumption on the premises. 

A lodging/entertainment liquor license can be issued to:

  • Lodging facility - the primary business that provides the public with sleeping rooms and meeting facilities; or
  • An entertainment facility - the primary business that provides the public with sports or entertainment activities.


Sales and service

  • Sale, service and consumption of beer, wine, and liquor by the drink for on-premises consumption.
  • Must have available a minimum of sandwiches and light snacks to patrons when the sale of alcohol is provided. Lodging/entertainment licensees can serve as much of a meal as they want. 

Hours of operation

Seven days a week between 7 a.m. and 2 a.m.


Multiple interests

Multiple ownership is legal with the following classes of liquor licenses:

  • Other lodging/entertainment liquor licenses
  • Hotel and restaurant liquor licenses
  • Hotel and restaurant with optional premises
  • Retail gaming tavern licenses
  • Racetrack licenses
  • Brew pubs
  • Arts licenses
  • Beer and wine licenses
  • Club licenses
  • Public transportation system license
  • Vintner's restaurant licenses
  • 3.2% beer licenses

Distance restriction

A 500-foot distance restriction from public and parochial schools, colleges, universities, and seminaries applies to new lodging/entertainment applications.


Application Fee:

State - $1,100 made payable to the Colorado Department of Revenue plus liquor license fees

State - $1,1200 for concurrent review plus liquor license fees

State - $1,100 for transfer of ownership + liquor license fees

City -   $1,000 plus other fees assigned at time of application

Colorado Bureau of Investigation fingerprinting:  $38.50 per person for anyone who owns at least 10% of the business entity.

License fees will be calculated at the time the application is submitted to the City.


Required documents

See documents required for a liquor license application.

Additional documents could be required for this class of license. Check with the Department of Excise and Licenses for specific requirements.



  • The names of all managers must be provided to the local and state licensing authorities whether a principal to the licensee or someone else manages the licensed premises.
  • The manager of a lodging/entertainment license can only manage one lodging/entertainment facility.
  • A manager is required to file a manager registration form, an individual history form, fingerprints and pay a $75 fee to the city and the state.
  • Any changes in mangers of lodging/entertainment facilities must be reported to the city and the state within five days and a new manager must be registered within 30 days of the change.
  • A manager is required to submit a complete set of fingerprints.

          Fingerprint information