During the application process, a package will be assembled for you from the following three applications.
Licensed establishment application
This captures information about the location where you sell tobacco products. You will need to provide:
- Possession of property certificate(PDF, 130KB) or lease that shows you own the property or will have possession of it for at least 90 days after the day you submit your application. If submitting a lease, include sublease, amendments, assignments, signature pages, etc.
- Details for one to three on-site managers, including their name, date of birth, home address and contact information. On-site Managers are those you designate who have the authority to make decisions regarding the licensed establishment. They must have access to and control over the licensed establishment at all times.
Entity registration application
This captures ownership information about the person or entity that will hold the license. You will need to provide:
- Entity type (one of the following):
- Sole proprietor
- Limited liability company
- For-profit corporation
- Nonprofit corporation
- True name of the entity or person who will hold the license
- List of any trade names under which the entity operates
- Details about any individual who owns 10% or more of the entity, including their name, date of birth, home address, and contact information
- A valid state or federally issued ID for each natural person listed as an owner
- Corporations, LLCs, and partnerships must provide a copy of their organizational documents, such as bylaws, an operating agreement, a partnership agreement, articles of incorporation, certificate of good standing, etc., as applicable
- Please provide the general contact information for your business. This information may be shared publicly in an open data catalog or upon request. The information you provide should allow members of the public to contact your business regarding your licenses or licensed establishments.
Any entity or person that will hold multiple retail tobacco store licenses in Denver will only have to complete this application once. An entity registration ID will be issued to provide in lieu of this application in the application packages you will need to submit for other locations where you sell tobacco products.
Retail tobacco store license application
This verifies you are eligible to obtain a retail tobacco store license and reviews the rules and laws you must abide by as a license holder. You must provide:
- Copy of your Denver sales tax license
- Copy of your State of Colorado sales tax license
- Records of any alleged violation of law or rule related to tobacco sales issued by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), the State of Colorado, or the City and County of Denver, to the entity or person applying for this license, or any of its owners, within the last five years.