Applications for business licenses and amendments must be complete and include all required information and documents. Remember:
- All materials must be digital files and saved as a .pdf or .jpg file only. Do not include any other file types in your application. The Department of Excise and Licenses will not accept other file types.
- Legal documents included as part of the application must be properly signed and executed.
- All materials must be legible.
- In some cases, you may be required to combine documents and upload them in a single .pdf. You can use a free, online tool to merge documents into a single file.
- Incomplete applications will be rejected.
Important: If you are applying for multiple licenses at a single location or under a single entity name, you only need to complete the Licensed Establishment record once.
For the Licensed Establishment Record, every applicant (with the exception of no-premises transporters and mobile hospitality businesses with no licensed premises in Denver) will provide:
- Any location name you may use to distinguish locations (if you have licenses at multiple locations)
- The name, date of birth, home address, phone number and email address for an onsite manager, who has the authority to make decisions regarding the licensed establishment and who has access to and control over the licensed establishment at all times
- Proof of legal possession of the premises, valid for at least 90 days from the date a complete application is submitted. Only one of the following must be submitted:
- A complete possession of property certificate(PDF, 161KB)(recommended); or
- A deed; or
- A complete, unredacted lease, including all amendments. If leased, the owner must provide written consent to lease the property to a marijuana facility, and the lease must be valid for at least 90 days from the date a complete application is submitted.
For the Business File Number (license) Record, applicants will provide:
- A valid, related state business license number, state license expiration date; and a copy of a valid state business license (or continuance letter if the state renewal investigation for the license is ongoing)
- An alarm permit number, associated with a valid (not expired) alarm permit (not required for no-premises transporters or mobile hospitality businesses with no licensed premises in Denver)
- Business Tax Account ID (not required for transporter or off-premises storage facility). This is the Occupational Privilege Tax (OPT). It's the first six digits of that account number.
- A complete Social Impact Plan(PDF, 40KB)(must be on the city's provided template); required for every license (every license type, medical and retail). Only one business file number should be entered per form.
- If applicable, a copy of any Marijuana Enforcement Division Action (an order to show cause, summary suspension, administrative hold, etc.)
Transporters that have a current Denver delivery permit and are renewing their license and Denver delivery permit will also need to provide:
Transporters that are adding a Denver delivery permit during renewal will also need to provide:
Stores that are adding a Denver delivery permit during renewal will also need to provide:
- A copy of your Colorado State Delivery Permit
For all Hospitality Types renewals they will also need to provide during the renewal:
- Health and Sanitation Plan (if applicable)
If you are applying for a Hospitality with Sales renewal, you will also need:
- Copy of Denver City Sales Tax License
If you are applying for a Mobile Hospitality License renewal you will also need:
- Vehicle Plate Number
- Vehicle Registration
- Proof of Insurance
Additionally, when completing a retail marijuana cultivation renewal application, an applicant may also need to provide: