Acceptable forms of identification

US-Based Forms of Id:

  • A valid Colorado driver's license, Colorado Driver Permit or a Colorado identification card;
  • An unexpired Out of State Driver’s License or Identification Card;
  • A valid U.S. Passport with a photo;
  • A valid I-551 Resident Alien/Permanent Resident Card verified by SAVE with a photo;
  • A United States military card or a military dependent's identification card;
  • A U.S. Coast Guard Merchant Mariner card;
  • A Tribal Identification Card with intact photo;
  • Other forms of US-based identification that include the applicant's name, photo and date of birth may be considered on a case-by-case basis.

Foreign Government-Issued IDs (must have field names translated or be accompanied by a translation document)

  • Passports
  • Consular cards
  • Driver's licenses
  • Military IDs
  • Voting IDs

Certain licenses may require specific types of ID (example: food truck licenses require a driver's license)

State agencies may require specific types of ID for state licenses (examples: marijuana, liquor, and tobacco licenses).