Thank you, Denver, for your enthusiasm to make the switch to e-bikes! Only applications for income-qualified rebates are currently being accepted. If you've already applied for a rebate, your application will be processed within 10 business days. If you have already received your rebate voucher, can use it at a participating bike shop within 60 days of issuance.
We will open the application again for limited rebate releases as funding is available throughout the year. To be notified on release days, please subscribe to our newsletter. The release dates for 2022 are 9/6, 10/3, 11/7, 12/5.
E-bikes are electric bicycles with a motor that gives riders a boost. E-bikes use rechargeable batteries and travel up to 28 m.p.h. When you use an e-bike to get around, you can:
- Save thousands of dollars per year on fuel and maintenance by replacing daily car trips with e-bike rides
- Bike greater distances and across harder terrain
- Set aside worries about arriving sweaty at your destination
- Reduce your carbon footprint while running errands or commuting to work
A limited number of rebates are available each month for e-bike and e-cargo bikes. Denver residents can save up to $1700 on the purchase of an e-bike from a qualifying shop. Right now, only applications for income-qualified rebates are currently being accepted.
E-Bike Rebate Voucher Application Portal
We will open the application again for limited rebate releases as funding is available throughout the year. To be notified on release days, please subscribe to our newsletter. The release dates for 2022 are:
- Tuesday, September 6
- Monday, October 3
- Monday, November 7
- Monday, December 5
The applicant must be a resident of Denver, Colorado and 16 years of age or older. Proof of a physical Denver address is required. All documents presented must be dated within one year of application. Examples:
- Computer Generated Bill (utility, credit card, doctor, hospital, etc.)
- Bank Statement
- Pre-Printed Pay Stub
- First-Class Mail (from a government agency or court)
- Current Homeowner's, Renter's, or Motor Vehicle Insurance Policy
- Mortgage, Lease, or Rental Contract
- Transcript or Report Card from an Accredited School
- Motor Vehicle Registration
- USPS Change Of Address Form (CNL107),
- Individuals who are unable to provide acceptable documents to verify their physical Denver, Colorado address may be eligible to provide alternative documents to meet the requirements
To meet the “Income-Qualified” requirement, the applicant must meet one of the following:
Instant Rebate Amounts
- $400 for all Denver residents, $1,200 for income-qualified residents
- Additional $500 for e-cargo bikes
- Incentive cannot exceed the total purchase price
- One e-bike per person
All classes of e-bikes (1, 2, 3)
- Class 1: an electrical assisted bicycle equipped with a motor that provides assistance only when the rider is pedaling and that ceases to provide assistance when the bicycle reaches a speed of 20 m.p.h.
- Class 2: an electrical assisted bicycle equipped with a motor that provides assistance regardless of whether the rider is pedaling but ceases to provide assistance when the bicycle reaches a speed of 20 m.p.h.
- Class 3: an electrical assisted bicycle equipped with a motor that provides assistance only when the rider is pedaling and that ceases to provide assistance when the bicycle reaches a speed of 28 m.p.h.
The electric motor must be 750 watts or less and cannot be gas-powered
Full-suspension mountain bikes are excluded from the program
No minimum or maximum purchase price
E-Cargo Bike Eligibility
E-cargo bicycles must have an extended frame designed to carry additional people or cargo. E-cargo bikes must meet all of the following criteria:
- Designed to carry one or more passengers in addition to the rider OR designed to carry heavier or bulkier loads than a traditional bicycle can carry
- Bike has an extended frame (long tail, long john, Bakfiet or box bike)
- Bike has a published cargo load carrying capacity of at least 100 lbs.
To qualify for the e-bike rebate, the e-bike must be purchased new from a participating bike shop for use by the e-bike rebate applicant and not for resale. The e-bike must be purchased on or after the launch of the e-bike Denver Climate Action Rebate program; rebates are not retroactive to past purchases.
In order to participate in Denver’s e-bike rebate program, bike shops are required to have a brick and mortar retail location in Denver that sells qualifying e-bikes and provides on-site sales, service and repair. Bike shops are required to confirm that the name on each e-bike voucher matches the name of each e-bike buyer in-person at the time of purchase.
Are you a bike shop interested in becoming a participating bike shop? Complete the bike shop intake survey.
Participating bike shops:
- Bike Source, 2628 Walnut Street, Denver, CO 80205
- Boost Ebikes, 2344 South Broadway, Denver, CO 80120
- Campus Cycles 2102 South Washington Street, Denver, CO 80210
- Crowley Cycles, 2134 Curtis Street, Unit 302, Denver, CO 80205
- Eazy E Bikez, 9373 W Colfax Ave, Lakewood, CO 80215
- eBikes USA, 201 University Blvd Suite 123, Denver, CO 80206
- eForce Bikes, 3871 Tennyson Street, Denver, CO 80212
- Epic Cycles Denver, 5665 North Beeler Street, Suite 100, Denver, CO 80238
- Elevation Cycles, 821 Ash Street, Denver, CO 80220; 1500 Wynkoop Street, Suite 102, Denver, CO 80202
- Fatte-bikes, 2596 W Barberry Pl, Denver, CO 80204
- Framework Cycles, 3655 Navajo Street, Denver, CO 80211
- Good Turn Cycles, 1401 Zuni St Unit 101, Denver, CO 80204; 7301 S Santa Fe Dr #342, Littleton, CO 80120
- Hardt Family Cyclery, 10255 E 25th Ave Unit A1, Aurora, CO 80010
- The HUB Bicycles Denver, 3605 West Colfax Avenue, Denver, CO 80204
- Pedego Denver, 575 Lincoln St Unit C, Denver, CO 80203
- Pedego South Denver, 6888 South University Boulevard, Centennial, CO 80122
- Rad Power Bikes, 4180 Wynkoop Street, Denver, CO 80216
- REI, 1416 Platte Street, Denver, CO 80202
- SloHi Bikes, 3217 E Colfax Ave, Denver, CO 80206; 4434 W 29th Ave, Denver, CO 80212
- Z Cycle Shop, 1025 East 9th Avenue, Denver, CO 80218