All rebates for January have been claimed.
The next release date for e-bikes rebates is Tuesday, March 28 at 11 a.m. Get notifications about this program by subscribing to our newsletter.
What is an e-bike?
E-bikes are electric bicycles with a motor that gives riders a boost. E-bikes use rechargeable batteries and travel up to 28 m.p.h. When you use an e-bike to get around, you can:
- Save thousands of dollars per year on fuel and maintenance by replacing daily car trips with e-bike rides
- Bike greater distances and across harder terrain
- Set aside worries about arriving sweaty at your destination
- Reduce your carbon footprint while running errands or commuting to work
e-bike vouchers have been redeemed in Denver
(as of December 30, 2022)
How do I get a rebate voucher?
For voucher application status or if you have trouble using your voucher, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
A limited number of e-bike rebate vouchers are available every other month. Rebate vouchers are an upfront discount on the sale price of an e-bike from a participating bike shop. There are two types of rebate vouchers available.
- Standard Rebate: As a Denver resident, you can save up to $300 on the sale of an e-bike or up to $500 on the sale of an e-cargo bike.
- Income-Qualified Rebate: If you meet our income-qualified requirements, you can save up to $1,200 on the sale of an e-bike or up to $1,400 on the sale of an e-cargo bike.
- Adaptive Rebate: If you are a person with a disability, you may be eligible to save up to $1,400 on the sale of an adaptive e-bike. There are a limited number of adaptive rebates and a separate application process. If you are interested, please email our staff at email@example.com.
The next round of rebate vouchers will be available on Tuesday, January 31. To be notified leading up to and on rebate voucher application release days, please subscribe to our newsletter. You can also bookmark the rebate voucher application portal so you’re ready to go on application release days.
Please note, you cannot register or start on your application ahead of time.
2023 Release Dates
Release dates are dependent on rebate voucher redemption rates and funding. There is a potential that release dates later in the year will be cancelled.
The tentative release dates for 2023 are:
- Tuesday, January 31
- Tuesday, March 28
- Tuesday, May 30
- Tuesday, July 25
- Tuesday, September 26
- Tuesday, November 28
Process for Getting an E-Bike Rebate Voucher
- When the application portal opens, go to www.denverclimaterebates.com. Register as a new user. You will receive an email with a verification code from our vendor partner, APTIM. Please allow up to 10 minutes to receive your verification code email. Do not forget to check your spam and junk folders! If you request another verification code, the previous code will become invalid. Please be patient and do not request another verification code.
- Once you receive your verification code email, go back to www.denverclimaterebates.com. Enter your verification code, and complete the online application. The application requires:
- Your name
- Contact info
- 1-2 uploads (file size limit is 5MB). Have your proof of residency and income-qualified documentation ready to upload. See “Participant Eligibility” below for more information.
Allow up to 14 business days for the initial review of your application. Once approved, you will receive an email from APTIM. This email will have an e-bike voucher code. Use this code at a participating bike shop
To eligible for a e-bike rebate voucher, you must be a resident of Denver, Colorado and be 16 years of age or older. Proof of a physical Denver address is required. All documents presented must be dated within one year of application. Examples:
- Colorado Driver's License
- Computer Generated Bill (utility, credit card, doctor, hospital, etc.)
- Bank Statement
- Pre-Printed Pay Stub
- First-Class Mail (from a government agency or court)
- Current Homeowner's, Renter's, or Motor Vehicle Insurance Policy
- Mortgage, Lease or Rental Contract
- Transcript or Report Card from an Accredited School
- Motor Vehicle Registration
- USPS Change Of Address Form (CNL107),
- Individuals who are unable to provide acceptable documents to verify their physical Denver, Colorado address may be eligible to provide alternative documents to meet the requirements
To meet the income-qualified requirement, your household income needs to be below 60% of the state of Colorado’s median income, or below 200% of the relevant federal poverty level, or below 80% of area median income. Please upload at least one of these documents to confirm your household income meets these thresholds:
To receive the adaptive e-bike rebate, the applicant must meet one of the criteria below and have it verified in writing by a Professional*.
- Mobility: Persons who cannot walk two-hundred feet without stopping to rest.
- Assisted Mobility: Persons who cannot walk without the use of, or assistance from, a brace, cane, crutch, another person, prosthetic device, wheelchair, or other assistive device.
- Respiratory: Persons who are restricted by lung disease to such an extent that the person's forced (respiratory) expiratory volume for one second when measured by spirometry is less than one liter, or the arterial oxygen tension is less than sixty mm/hg on room air or at rest.
- Oxygen: Persons who use portable oxygen.
- Cardiac: Persons who have a cardiac condition to the extent that the person's functional limitations are classified in severity as class III or IV according to the standards of the American Heart Association.
- Other: Persons who are severely limited in their ability to walk due to an arthritic, neurological, or orthopedic condition.
* "Professional" means a physician licensed to practice medicine or practicing medicine pursuant to section 12-36-106 (3) (i), C.R.S. (i) the performance by commissioned medical officers of the armed forces of the United States of America or of the United States public health service or of the United States veterans administration of their lawful duties in this state as such officers. A physician assistant licensed pursuant to section 12-36-107.4, C.R.S., a podiatrist licensed under article 32 of title 12, C.R.S., an advanced practice nurse registered pursuant to section 12-38-111.5, C.R.S., or a physician, physician assistant, podiatrist, or advanced practice nurse authorized to practice professionally by another state that shares a common border with Colorado.
Instant Rebate Voucher Amounts
- Standard Rebate: $300
- Income-Qualified Rebate: $1,200
- An additional $200 is available for the purchase of an e-cargo bike
- Instant rebate voucher amount covers the e-bike's retail cost and does not cover taxes or shipping
- One e-bike per person
- All classes of e-bikes (per the State of Colorado's e-bike definition)
- Class 1: an electrical assisted bicycle equipped with a motor that provides assistance only when the rider is pedaling and that ceases to provide assistance when the bicycle reaches a speed of 20 m.p.h.
- Class 2: an electrical assisted bicycle equipped with a motor that provides assistance regardless of whether the rider is pedaling but ceases to provide assistance when the bicycle reaches a speed of 20 m.p.h.
- Class 3: an electrical assisted bicycle equipped with a motor that provides assistance only when the rider is pedaling and that ceases to provide assistance when the bicycle reaches a speed of 28 m.p.h.
- Must have two or three wheels and fully operable pedals
- The electric motor must be 750 watts or less and cannot be gas-powered
- Full-suspension mountain bikes are excluded from the program
- No minimum or maximum purchase price
E-Cargo Bike Eligibility
E-cargo bicycles must have an extended frame designed to carry additional people or cargo. E-cargo bikes must meet all of the following criteria:
- Designed to carry one or more passengers in addition to the rider OR designed to carry heavier or bulkier loads than a traditional bicycle can carry
- Bike has an extended frame (long tail, long john, Bakfiet or box bike)
- Bike's extended frame has a published cargo load carrying capacity of at least 100 lbs.
For voucher application status or if you have trouble using your voucher, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To qualify for the e-bike rebate, you must buy a new e-bike from a participating bike shop. The e-bike must be for use by the e-bike rebate applicant and not for resale. Rebates are not retroactive to past purchases.
To take part in Denver’s e-bike rebate program, bike shops must to have a brick and mortar retail location in Denver that sells qualifying e-bikes and provides on-site sales, service and repair. Bike shops must confirm that the name on each e-bike voucher matches the name of each e-bike buyer in-person at the time of sale.
Participating Bike Shops
Are you a bike shop interested in becoming a participating bike shop? Complete the bike shop intake survey.
- Angeltech Cycles, 1483 Garden of the Gods Rd, Colorado Springs, CO 80907
- Angeltech Cycles is only eligible to sell adaptive bikes through Denver's e-bike rebate program.
- Any and All Bikes, 3444 S Broadway, Englewood, CO 80113
- Any and All Bikes sells both adaptive and standard e-bikes.
- The Bicycle Broker, 6190 West 38th Avenue, Wheat Ridge, CO 80033
- Bike Source, 2628 Walnut Street, Denver, CO 80205; 2540 South Colorado Boulevard, Denver, CO 80222
- Boost Ebikes, 2344 South Broadway, Denver, CO 80120
- Campus Cycles 2102 South Washington Street, Denver, CO 80210
- Crowley Cycles, 2134 Curtis Street, Unit 302, Denver, CO 80205
- Eazy E Bikez, 9373 W Colfax Ave, Lakewood, CO 80215
- eBikes USA, 201 University Blvd Suite 123, Denver, CO 80206
- eForce Bikes, 3871 Tennyson Street, Denver, CO 80212
- Electro Action Supply, 1185 South Cherokee Street, Denver, CO 80223
- Epic Cycles Denver, 5665 North Beeler Street, Suite 100, Denver, CO 80238
- Elevation Cycles, 821 Ash Street, Denver, CO 80220; 1500 Wynkoop Street, Suite 102, Denver, CO 80202
- Fatte-bikes, 2596 W Barberry Pl, Denver, CO 80204
- Framework Cycles, 3655 Navajo Street, Denver, CO 80211
- Good Turn Cycles, 1401 Zuni St Unit 101, Denver, CO 80204; 7301 S Santa Fe Dr #342, Littleton, CO 80120
- Hardt Family Cyclery, 10255 E 25th Ave Unit A1, Aurora, CO 80010
- The HUB Bicycles Denver, 3605 West Colfax Avenue, Denver, CO 80204
- Pedal, 2640 West Belleview Avenue, Littleton, CO 80123
- Pedego Denver,929 Bannock St Denver 80204
- Pedego South Denver, 6888 South University Boulevard, Centennial, CO 80122
- Rad Power Bikes, 3869 N. Steele St, Unit 1257, Denver
- REI, 1416 Platte Street, Denver, CO 80202
- Rhythm Cycles, 6409 West 44th Avenue, Wheat Ridge, CO 80033
- SloHi Bikes, 3217 E Colfax Ave, Denver, CO 80206; 4434 W 29th Ave, Denver, CO 80212
- Trek Bicycle Denver Downtown, 1055 Auraria Parkway, Suite 201, Denver, CO 80204
- Wheat Ridge Cyclery, 7085 West 38th Avenue, Wheat Ridge, CO 80033; 12402 C1B West Ken Caryl Avenue, Littleton, CO 80127
- Z Cycle Shop, 1025 East 9th Avenue, Denver, CO 80218