The Downtown Design Advisory Board was established in 2019. The nine-member board has design review oversight of proposed projects in the Golden Triangle, Central Platte Valley-Auraria and Arapahoe Square areas of downtown Denver and serves as the next step towards a more consistent and comprehensive design review system for all of downtown.
General Meeting Information
- Time and date: Meetings are scheduled only on an as-needed basis. When projects are submitted for review, meetings are scheduled for 10:30 a.m. on the second and/or fourth Tuesday of the month. Once meetings are scheduled, project materials are posted a week ahead of time.
- Location: Room 1.D.1 on the first floor of the Webb Municipal Building at 201 W. Colfax Ave., Denver
- Language interpretation: If you would like to request that live interpretation is provided at the workshop, please email CPDOperations@denvergov.org at least five business days before the meeting.
- Accessibility: If you need disability-related accommodations, including sign language interpretation or real-time captioning via CART, please contactCPDOperations@denvergov.org at least three business days before the meeting.
Meeting agenda and call-in information
Board members are Denver residents appointed by the mayor for three-year terms on a volunteer basis. The board consists of:
- four design professionals, one of whom must be a landscape architect
- one development industry representative
- three downtown-area residents
- one downtown-area property owner
|Dan Craine, AIA
|Sarah Komppa, AIA
|Ryan Meeks, AIA - Board Chair
|Matt Shawaker, ASLA
|Design professional (landscape architect)
|Anthony Spikes, Board Vice-Chair
|Downtown property owner
|John Deffenbaugh, Int'l Assoc AIA