Supervisor Certificates

Applying for a supervisor certificate is the first step to obtaining a contractor's license in Denver. Each certificate type must be applied for separately.

Electrical and plumbing only: If you have an electrical or plumbing license issued by the state, you do not need a supervisor certificate. Please apply for a contractor license. For all other work, license applications will not be accepted until supervisor certificates have been approved.

Use the links below to learn more about the types of certificates Denver offers and how to apply for each.

Stay informed on code and policy changes

Community Planning and Development offers a monthly newsletter targeted for contractors and design professionals who want advanced notice of future rule changes, inspection tips, and other relevant updates for construction projects.

Sign up for the Code and Policy newsletter