Scope of Work
To erect, add to, alter or repair any building or structure classified as less than a high rise, as defined by the International Building Code (IBC). The demolition of any building or structure classified as less than a high rise is permitted.
Minimum Experience Required to Apply
- Four (4) years notarized experience building commercial buildings. Must include some ground up new build experience of building(s) between 55 and 75 feet high.
- Each project must list the full project address, type of project / building built, trades supervised, project construction timeline, and height of building.
- List exact start and end dates (month and year) of construction work only and height of building. List only projects completed within the last 15 years.
- On the notarized letter(s), the applicant must be listed as the General Superintendent and/or Lead Superintendent, or Project Engineer supervising the trades on the project.
- Project Engineers must provide either a diploma in Structural Engineering or Architecture.
- Notarized letters must be signed by the owner or controlling officer of company worked for or by customers.
- Previous or present employers must list their position in the company, or that they were a customer that hired the you, after their signature on the notarized letter.
- Project manager or construction manager experience, or a project management diploma can qualify for one (1) year of the required four (4) years of experience, OR a bachelor's degree in Structural Engineering or Architecture from an accredited college may be substituted for one (1) year of the required field work. A copy of the diploma must be provided.
ICC Exam #F12 National Standard Building (B).
Learn how to schedule your test
Licenses issued by the Denver Fire Department (DFD) are required for the design, installation, modification, inspection, and testing of all life safety and conveyance systems and equipment.
Apply for a DFD license