CSBG funding can be used for anti-poverty work in any of the nine priority areas listed below. Every three years, Denver Human Services conducts a Community Needs Assessment to determine top priorities for the next funding cycle.
There are nine federal CSBG categories:
- Education and Cognitive Development
- Income, Infrastructure and Asset Building
- Health and Social/Behavioral Development (Nutrition / Food Access)*
- Civic Engagement and Community Involvement
- Services Supporting Multiple Domains*
- Other (Emergency Management/Disaster Relief)
*The bold-faced and starred categories listed above are the current CSBG priorities in Denver.
The next Community Needs Assessment will take place in 2023.