Promoting strong families in our communities is an important part of preventing child abuse and neglect before it ever occurs. If your organization has activities or events scheduled that promote family strength, resiliency, and support, we'd love to partner with you!
The Strengthening Families Through Community Partnerships program supports eligible events in Denver communities by:
- Providing up to $1,500 for expenses that benefit the event. This can include food, supplies, and promotional items, among other things. Let us know what you need!
- Denver Human Services leadership and/or staff attending your event. We're happy to speak and can also provide information on topics like child support, parenthood programs, parent education, kinship support, and more.
- Some things we can't provide include payment for guest speakers, paid staff time, gift cards, and professional workshop sessions.
Some ideas for events that might support the Five Protective Factors and be eligible for this funding include:
- A support group for parents/other caregivers
- A workshop/speaker around self-care
- Tips and discussion around how to manage stress
- A community event that allows families to connect with each other
- Workshop/training that includes building skills around reaching out to others, communicating and/or resolving conflict
- Education around parenting/child development, which could include a training, workshop, or resource table
- A training around discipline practices
- An activity for children around feelings and self esteem
- Information for parents around social/emotional development by age of the child
- Printed resources and/or a resource table at an event, with information on programs and benefits that can help children and families
- A workshop or training around where families can access help and support when in need
Please note that requests involving alcoholic beverages, tobacco or tobacco products, and/or marijuana products will not be considered.