Additional Assistance

grandfather and grandchild playing

No matter what your need, we’re here to support you. In addition to connecting you to foodcash, and medical insurance benefits, we help connect adults, seniors, families, veterans, and people with disabilities to healthy living and emergency assistance resources.


Looking for Discounted Bus Tickets?

Denver Human Services is partnering with RTD to enroll Denver resident's in RTD's income-based fare program known as LiVE. By enrolling in LiVE, you will receive a 40% discount on fares throughout the RTD service area. Learn more about LiVE at Enroll in LiVE through Colorado PEAK.

I Have More Questions

What kinds of additional assistance are available to me?

In addition to food, cash, and medical insurance benefits, we can work with you to see if you qualify for:

  • Temporary shelter assistance (eviction and rental assistance)
  • Eviction, deposit, first month's rent, and mortgage assistance
  • Emergency shelter
  • Emergency food vouchers
  • Help with medical and hygienic needs
  • Transportation/bus tickets
  • Family reunification [PDF]
  • Burial assistance (call 720-944-2175 for information or to apply for burial assistance)
  • RTD's LiVE program

How do I apply for additional assistance?

Please call 720-944-4DHS (4347) for more information on how to apply for additional assistance and to find out what types of documentation will be needed. 

Do you offer help with home heating and energy bills?

Our Emergency Assistance program may be able to help you with your Xcel bill. Fill out this pre-screening checklist or give us a call at 720-944-4DHS (4347) for more information.

During the cold winter months (typically November - April), the Low-Income Energy Assistance Program (LEAP) can help qualifying Colorado residents help with their home heating and utility bills.

To apply download an application here, (applications are only accepted November 1-April 30 unless otherwise specified), visit Colorado PEAK, or call 720-944-4DHS (4347) for help.

Can you help me if I’m an immigrant or refugee?

In some cases, yes. If you are an immigrant or refugee in need of assistance, call our offices at 720-944-4DHS (4347). Our staff will connect you to services for immigrants and refugees.

Do you offer services specifically for veterans and their families?

Yes! We are here to serve all military personnel, veterans, and their families, regardless of time in service or discharge status. We’re here to support you with navigating life after service. We can also assist you with career coaching and development, peer-to-peer support, and specialized one-on-one case management. We work with a variety of community partners, and can provide you with referrals to additional services.

Learn more at our Veteran Services page.

Do you offer services for people with disabilities?

Yes! If you have a physical, intellectual, or developmental disability, we offer support to help you maintain your health, safety, and independence. We also partner with other community agencies to provide a range of cash assistance programs, services and other resources.

Visit our Disability Services page for more information.

What if there’s something I need that you don’t offer?

Our staff works closely with many community partners and can provide referrals for services you may need (including clothes for children and adults and eye glasses). You can also contact Mile High United Way’s 2-1-1 help center by calling 2-1-1 or online here.