Denver Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP)

Block with letters A, B, C


The Denver Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP) provides financial assistance for childcare benefits. Denver CCAP is open to eligible, low-income families with children from birth to age 13.

New Clients

If you are currently receiving TANF benefits, please reach out to your Colorado Works Case Manager. Clients receiving TANF benefits are not eligible for Low Income CCAP.

Apply for Child Care Assistance

Before You Start: To apply for the Denver Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP), you must live in Denver County AND have an Eligible Activity. This means you are employed, seeking a job, or pursuing your education. Please review the Eligible Activities tab below:

Eligible Activities

You must meet one of the following "Eligible Activities" to apply for Denver CCAP. Please review these carefully, and prepare any needed paperwork:

Employment / Self-Employment

  • If you are employed, please include 30 days of paystubs with your application.
  • If you have been at your job for less than 60 days and do not have 30 days of paystubs, please have your employer complete the Verification of Employment form.
    • A Work Schedule is only needed if you are requesting childcare outside of traditional hours (Monday-Friday, 6am-6:30pm). This can be two weeks of posted work schedules, or a letter from your employer verifying your work schedule.
  • If you are self-employed, please submit a ledger (a spreadsheet or digital record) covering one month of income and expenses. This should cover the month before your application submission. Include invoices and receipts.
    • Declared Work Schedule: your schedule for the hours that you are in your self-employment activity.

Education / Training

  • If you are attending school or training, please include verification of current school enrollment.
    • A schedule is only needed if you are requesting childcare outside of traditional hours (Monday - Friday, 6 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.). The schedule should include the dates and times of your classes.

Job Search

  • If you are seeking childcare to search for a job, indicate this in Section 2 and / or Section 3 of your application.

Step 1:
 Review the income guidelines below:

Income Guidelines

The 2022/2023 Denver CCAP income requirements (effective Oct. 1, 2022) are as follows: 

Household size

Gross income at application/ redetermination
(235% FPL)

85% SMI





$4,510.04 $6,591.77





$6,358.71 $9,102.92


$7,283.04 $10,358.49


$8,207.38 $10,593.91


$9,131.71 $10,829.33


$10,056.04 $11,064.75
Additional $393.33 $235.32




Step 2:
 Download the application in English(PDF, 8MB) or in Spanish(PDF, 5MB). Review the cover letter and checklist (at the beginning of the applications).

Step 3: Complete the application. Gather all necessary documents. If your application is incomplete or missing required documents, it will result in processing delays and / or a denial of childcare benefits.

Step 4: Submit your application and documents. Choose one of the following options:

Denver Human Services
Attn: Denver CCAP
1200 Federal Blvd.
Denver, CO 80204

Once we receive your application, it will take up to 15 days to process your application.

Denver County cannot approve CCAP applications for people who live in other counties. Failure to apply in the correct county will result in delays in processing your applications.

If you apply through Colorado PEAK, you will still need to provide the documents listed in the application checklist. Please review the checklist carefully, and submit those documents to us by emailing

Finding A Provider

The Colorado Shines Child Care Referrals team at Mile High United Way can help you find a provider that accepts Denver CCAP, meets your needs, and has openings. To contact them, call 2-1-1 or email

There are several child care providers that accept Denver CCAP. View our map of child care providers that currently accept Denver CCAP.

Preschool and Other Programs

There are a few organizations that can help you locate and pay for preschool for your child:

Current Clients


You can submit any verifications to us directly by emailing


If you need to submit a change form:

  1. Download the Denver CCAP Change Form(PDF, 149KB).
  2. Email the completed form to us:

Hardship Requests and Redetermination Forms

CCAP Hardship Request Form

If you'd like to request reduced child care assistance fees:

  1. Download and fill out the CCAP Hardship Request Form(PDF, 146KB).
  2. Then, submit it to your child care assistance caseworker by emailing
CCAP Redetermination Form

If you need to submit a CCAP redetermination form:

  1. Download it in English(PDF, 7MB) or in Spanish(PDF, 7MB).
  2. Then, submit it to us by emailing
CCAP Processing Timeline

Please plan ahead. It takes 15 days (from the received date) to process applications and redeterminations. It takes 10 days (from the received date) for changes and verifications. TANF referrals from your case manager will take 5 days (from the received date).

You will be notified via email and/or phone when your information has been processed and a determination is made.

Attendance Tracking System (ATS) - Tips and Common Questions

Attendance Tracking System (ATS) Tips

Here are some quick tips for using the Attendance Tracking System (ATS):
  • Check-in and check-out every day your child receives care.
  • Confirm your check-in and check-out times every time you pick up your child. You can do this by accessing the Confirmations screen from the parent kiosk.
  • iPad users: make sure you only click on the exclamation point (!), not the time. If you click on the time, the screen will not load correctly, and you will not see a "confirm" button.
  • Use the Alerts screen to identify any transactions missing a check-in or check-out time, or to identify transactions that require your approval. Review the oldest records first to make sure your child care is approved within the required 9-day timeline.
  • If you did not receive an email, or it has been over 24 hours, you can follow these instructions to reset your PIN:
    • Select “Forgot PIN?” from the provider’s device at the provider’s location in Kiosk View.
    • A new email will be sent to you to set up your PIN but will only be valid for 24 hours.
    • Make sure you are checking your spam folder for these emails.

Still need help? Watch ATS training videos, guides and updates:

Colorado Department of Early Childhood's ATS Training Video Playlist

If you still need help, email the ATS Help Desk:


How do I reset my PIN?

On the parent kiosk at your provider, click on the forgot PIN link and enter your email address associated with your Denver CCAP case. You will receive an email to reset, and you will need to enter a new PIN.

I am trying to choose a PIN, and I keep getting an error message. Why?

The PIN you are trying to select may already be in use. Try selecting a different PIN. If that does not work, please contact the ATS help desk:

What if the email address I used to set up my ATS account has expired?

On the parent kiosk at your provider, click on the forgot PIN link. Enter the email address associated with your CCAP case. You will receive an email to reset your PIN, and you will need to enter a new PIN.

This email link is only good for 24 hours, so you will need to do this as soon as possible.

What if I didn’t get an email to set up my ATS account?

In your email account, check both your "Junk" and "Spam" folders. If you still can't find the email, reach out to your Denver CCAP Case Manager. They will check to see if they have the right email address.

How do I check my child in?

Click on your child’s picture. Then, click the check in box. On the side of the picture, you will see that your child is checked in.

How do I do a previous check in or check out?

Only your provider can do that. Talk with your provider so they can create a transaction, and you can confirm it.

How can someone else check my child in and out?

  1. Click on the household icon.
  2. Then, click the delegate tab.
  3. Click the plus sign.
  4. Enter their email address.

My provider doesn’t have a device or internet. What do I do?

Make sure that you are signing your child in and out at the provider.


Parent Fees

Parent Fee Information

If your family has income and you're eligible for Denver CCAP, you may have to pay a portion of childcare costs to your childcare provider each month. The amount you have to pay is based on your gross income, the number of people in your household, and the number of children in care.

You should pay this fee directly to your childcare provider at the beginning of each month. It is the first payment the provider will receive for providing care for your children. If you do not pay the parent fee, childcare benefits may end. You may be unable to receive benefits in the future. Your parent fees must be paid even if you change childcare providers.

The parent fee covers the amount of care agreed upon between you and Denver CCAP.  The amount is shown on your Authorization Eligibility Notice.

Providers cannot charge you more than the county's rate for your authorized childcare. However, providers can charge you for any hours used beyond your approved hours and late fees if you pick up your child after hours.


Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

I am moving to Denver. How do I transfer my CCAP case?

If you are receiving CCAP in another county, you do not have to apply in Denver County right away. Your current county will cover you until your redetermination date.

When you receive your redetermination packet from your original county, send the completed packet to Denver County:

How do I make a change to my case?

To make a change to your case, please do the following:

  1. Download the Denver CCAP change form.(PDF, 149KB)
  2. Send your completed change form to Denver CCAP:

How do I change my provider?

Please gather the following information:

  • Name of your new provider
  • Provider number
  • How many children need child care
  • Date when care should start

Then, send that information to Denver CCAP:

Please plan ahead. It will take up to 10 days (after received) to process your provider change.

I am on TANF. How do I apply for CCAP, or make changes?

If you are on TANF and need to make CCAP provider changes, email us at

For all other changes and questions about applying, talk to your TANF Case Manager.

How do I get my parent fee decreased?

If you can't afford your parent fee, you can request a parent fee reassessment. This could lower the cost of your parent fee. To get started:

  1. Collect 30 days of paystubs
  2. Email your paystubs to

The Denver CCAP staff will then reassess your monthly parent fee.

If you are experiencing a financial hardship, you can submit a financial hardship form:

Download the Financial Hardship Form

If you recently lost your job, please send verification that your job has ended to

Why did my CCAP end or stop?

If you are receiving TANF and your CCAP ended or stopped, please contact your Case Manager.

If you are not receiving TANF and your CCAP ended or stopped, please email with:

  • Your full name
  • Your case number

A technician will respond to you with specifics about why your CCAP ended or stopped.

How do I add my newborn to my CCAP case?

  1. Fill out page 3 of the Denver CCAP application.
  2. Email it to
  3. In your email, please indicate if your newborn child needs care.

Please plan ahead. Once we receive your CCAP change, it will take up to 10 days to process.

How do I open an encrypted email from CCAP?

Please follow these steps to open an encrypted email:

  1. Click on the message attachment. The system will take you to a page that gives you the option to sign in or to use a one-time passcode.
  2. Click on the link to use a one-time passcode.
  3. The system will then send a passcode to your email. Copy this passcode from the email you receive.
  4. Put the passcode in the spot where it is requested.
  5. The attachment should open, and you should be able to read your email.