Child Care Repayment

If you received a letter in the mail stating that Denver Human Services has an open and/or active payment of benefits claim in your name, you can make a Child Care Benefit Claim Repayment through our secure online payment portal or by mail. In person payments are not available at this time.

Getting Started

You will need the following information to pay your claim/bill:

  • Your Colorado Child Care Assistance Program (CCCAP) case number (nine characters beginning with 16)
  • Your name, address, and date of birth
  • Your claim number (optional; if you have more than one claim open your payment will be made against the oldest unless you provide a claim number)

Make a Payment

Click the link below to make a food or cash assistance claim payment.

Make a Child Care Assistance Program Payment

**DISCLAIMER** Denver Human Services strongly advises against taking on credit card debt to pay your claim. Credit cards typically have high interest rates on debt, which could significantly increase the amount you are paying. If possible, DHS recommends paying by debit card.

If you are struggling with credit card debt, please call the Office of Financial Empowerment for financial coaching at 720-944-2498 or visit their website for more details.

Pay by Mail

Mail payment to:

Denver Human Services
Manager of Finance
1200 Federal Blvd.
Denver, CO 80204

Please include your CBMS case ID in the memo field.

Make checks payable to Manager of Finance


Pay in Person

This option is not available at this time.


Frequently Asked Questions

Why did I receive notice of a claim repayment?

You received notice because Denver Human Services has an open/active payment of benefits claim in your name. Call 720-944-4DHS (4347) for more information.


What if I don't know what my Child Care Assistance Number (CCAP) case number is?

Your Child Care case number is a nine (9) character number that starts with a 16. This number can be found by visiting and logging into PEAK to access your account information, or accessing PEAK Chat.

If you don't have an active account, please call 720-944-4DHS (4347) for more information.


Can I pay my Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP) parent portion to Denver Human Services?

No, you must pay your approved child care provider directly. Please direct any questions to your child care provider.

Can I pay my Medicaid premiums to Denver Human Services?

No, you must submit payment as directed to the State of Colorado. Please see directions on your program acceptance letter.


How do I check my claim balance?

Please call 720-944-4DHS (4347) for more information.

How long will it take for my payment to be applied?

Once payment is received it can take up to three (3) business days before it is applied.