Denver Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP)

Our child care assistance team can connect you to resources to find the best provider for your children. If you need help paying for child care, we'll support you in applying for assistance.

Apply for Child Care Assistance

If you're working, searching for employment, in a job-training program, or receiving cash assistance through Colorado Works, we'll support you and make sure your child or children receive the care they deserve.

How can I get child care assistance?

Step 1: Read the supplemental application packet [PDF], which answers a lot of questions you may have about child care assistance.

Step 2: Apply for child care assistance by filling out the application in English(PDF, 7MB) [PDF] or in Spanish(PDF, 4MB) [PDF].

If you receive cash assistance through Colorado Works, your caseworker will help you determine if you qualify for child care assistance. You don’t need to apply again.
Step 3: Return your completed application to Denver Human Services. Choose one:

Denver Human Services
Attention: CCAP
1200 Federal Blvd.
Denver, CO 80204

How do I qualify for reduced fees? What are the income guidelines?

If you'd like to submit a request for reduced fees, please fill out this form and submit it to your child care assistance caseworker.

Additionally, find the redetermination forms in Spanish and English.

The income guidelines for 2022 (as of July 1, 2022) are as follows: 

Household size

Gross income at application/ redetermination
(235% FPL)

85% SMI





$4,300.50 $6,314.14





$6,078.67 $8,719.53


$6,967.75 $9,922.22


$7,856.83 $10,147.73


$8,745.92 $10,373.23


$9,635.00 $10,598.74
Additional $378.33 $225.51

How can I choose a quality child care provider?

Colorado Shines, Colorado's quality rating and improvement system, has a helpful list of free resources and guides to help you identify the right child care provider for your child or children.

Also, you can search Mile High United Way's Child Care Reource database, or request support by phone by calling 2-1-1..

What about preschool, pre-kindergarten, or Head Start?

There are a few organizations that can help you locate and pay for preschool for your child. Check out the Denver Preschool Program, which helps families with 4-year-olds locate and pay for preschool, and Denver Great Kids Head Start, which helps families with children between ages 3 and 5 locate and pay for similar services.

I am a current CCAP recipient. How can I report changes to my situation or needs?

If you need to submit changes to your employment or income status, family size, provider, child care schedule, etc., please fill out this form and submit it via email to



Apply for Child Care Assistance

Step One: Download the Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP) application below. Be sure to fill it out as completely as possible.

Download the application in English(PDF, 7MB)

Download the application in Spanish(PDF, 4MB)

Step Two: Drop it off at one of our three locations.

Questions? Call us at 720-944-KIDS (5437) or email us at